project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
01 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
emperior
Default pr.exe black screen

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to PR too.
Yesterday I downloaded the three parts of this mod, and even Mumble.
The problem is that pr.exe doesn't launch, it appears a black screen.
I tried to run it as administrator but nothing.
I really need help because I'm also a bit unexpert with windows, I'm more used to Macintosh.
My version is a 32 bit Windows 7, I have all the requirements to run it in fact I run BF2 on high settings and 1280x800 and it still runs after PR installation. (I've read of someone who couldn't launch it after PR).

I use a MacBook Pro 13" with Bootcamp. Don't hate on me for this please
Last edited by emperior; 07-21-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Old 07-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default Re: pr.exe black screen

Hi and welcome to forums.

Have you launched BF2 and made sure it works properly and is patched to 1.5 prior to installing PR and launching?

Also you must have Net Framework 3.5 and MS Visual Studio C++ installed. Run PR as administrator.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
emperior

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
Hi and welcome to forums.

Have you launched BF2 and made sure it works properly and is patched to 1.5 prior to installing PR and launching?

Also you must have Net Framework 3.5 and MS Visual Studio C++ installed. Run PR as administrator.
I've launched BF2 and played a few rounds too.
I have patched it but I don't know how to see if it's patched, but it should be because when I was installing the PR parts I needed the patch and had to download it to start the installation.
Now I'm donwloading the two programmes you told me, let's if this time works.
I've read on Youtube that I have to delete the BF2 folder in my user so PR makes a new one, can anyone confirm that this will help me?

Anyways I've sure tried to run it as an administrator. Still nothing thu.
Last edited by emperior; 07-20-2012 at 03:57 PM..
Old 07-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

Welcome to the PR community,
The problem you are encountering is seen once and a while, we should be able to get you sorted quickly.

First, we must make sure you have updated your BF@ to the 1.41 Full patch and the 1.5 full patch.
To do this, start regular BF2, and in the LogIn screen, on the bottom Left corner, it will tell you the version of BF2 you are running. Write that down and post it on this thread. It should say something like 1.5.3153-XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
You should run PR in windowed mode and see if an error message popup is displayed when you crash.

Right Click your PR shortcut line, Select Properties
Add this to your PR shortcut line
Code:
Code:
/battlefield 2/mods/pr/pr.exe" +restart +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +szx 800 + szy 600
+restart will skip intro
+fullscreen 0 will run in windowed mode
+szx horizontal resolution
+szy vertical resolution

If you get any error on screen post it here.
If PR starts from this, then you simply had the wrong native resolution set in your player BF2 profile, causing your monitor to freak out when it was being told to display video at a resolution it does not support.

Last edited by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd; 07-20-2012 at 11:32 PM..
Old 07-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
emperior

Quote:
Welcome to the PR community,
The problem you are encountering is seen once and a while, we should be able to get you sorted quickly.

First, we must make sure you have updated your BF@ to the 1.41 Full patch and the 1.5 full patch.
To do this, start regular BF2, and in the LogIn screen, on the bottom Left corner, it will tell you the version of BF2 you are running. Write that down and post it on this thread. It should say something like 1.5.3153-XXX

If PR starts from this, then you simply had the wrong native resolution set in your player BF2 profile, causing your monitor to freak out when it was being told to display video at a resolution it does not support.
The windowed mode helped a bit, thanks.
I installed first the 1.5 and then the 1.41 as I read it was necessary... is this a mistake? Should I re-download both the patch starting with the 1.41? My version is 1.5.3153 as you said.
I missed some .dll, but I installed them thank to the dll-files fixer programme.
Now that I have changed the properties how will I possibly return back? I think I'll change them in the PR menu, or will I have to change the path again?
Hope you can answer my questions and help me! Thank for your disponibility.
emperior is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician

It is absolutely essential that you install the patches in the correct order.
In short, you want to uninstall PR, and uninstall BF2, and start over in the installation process. If you still have the 1.41 full patch and 1.5 full patch installer file , you do not need to re-download them.

Since you installed already, make sure you write down your username and password before you uninstall , you will need to enter this again after you reinstall.
after you uninstall BF2, go to Documents\BattleField 2\ and delete all the files and subdirectories.

Quote:
Welcome to the PR forums JoeDude,

You have the exact same problem as this thread:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ease-help.html

To solve your problem, you need to uninstall PR, uninstall BF2, REBOOT.
Next, you have to install BF2, run BF2 and create a user profile. adjust your video settings now for your convenience. REBOOT.
then download and install BF2 patch 1.41 Full in the link below. run BF2 and join a online server for a few minutes. REBOOT.
then download and install BF2 patch 1.5 Full in the link below. run BF2 and join a online server for a few minutes. REBOOT.
Install PR 0.973 parts 1 2 3, run the new PR shortcut on your desktop AS AN ADMIN and join a online server for a few minutes. REBOOT.

NOTE: If at any point in the process above your game does not run, come back and tell us. We will help you out if you let us know.

Next run the PRMumble shortcut on your Desktop AS AN ADMIN, BEFORE you start PR, choose your PRMumble nickname, and connect to the PRMumble server. Then run the new PR shortcut on your desktop AS AN ADMIN and join a online server and play PR for the next 12 to 18 hours, depending on how much caffeine you have available.

And then optionally:
Install PR:Vietnam, PR:Normandy, PR:Falklands and Anders Soundmod.

follow the BF2 and PR installation guide in this link:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ion-guide.html

Good Luck, and Good fragging,
The above is the easiest way to get PR up and running, if you run into any problems please post in this thread and we'll help you get through the trouble,

regards,

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
emperior

New problem sorted out!

Text:Couldn't open TAI file
"Objects/Effects/Decals/Textures/Atlas/DecalAtlas.tai"

How can I solve it? I tried to reinstall Battlefield 2 but nothing happened...
Last edited by emperior; 07-21-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician

Hi Emperior,

First I ask that you make sure you installed the patch called 1.41 Fulll Patch, and NOT 1.4 patch .

I have to get some help with this, I am unsure of the problem, the other tech support guys will take a look in within next 24 hours or so.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #9
emperior

You can lock here because I bought the on-sale copy from Steam for 10 euros (won't go in misery for so little) so the problem doesn't exist anymore, I hope.
emperior is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:21 AM   #10
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

The best at this point is to uninstal PR, then uninstall BF2 and punkbuster, make sure all BF2/PR folders are removed, and registry enties gone. Delete complete BF2 profile directory in My Documents> Battlefield 2 < remove complete folder from there. Reboot your PC. Start over and follow this guide > http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ion-guide.html

Adittional tips for Win7 is to run everything you install as administrator. Right click file and select Run as administrator. You may want to turn off or disable UAC and windows defender.

Install BF2, then install any expansions you got ( SF maybe ), then install patch 1.41 ( this will take a lot of time to complete so dont stop it or it will not work right ), then install patch 1.5 ( same applies for it too ). Get pbsvc install punkbuster and test it. Get pbsetup and update PB for BF2 from it. Once done reboot!

Now when BF2 install part is done, you want to launch it, and customize your settings, and retrieve or edit profile. Join MP game and make sure it run properly. It should say in main menu in lower right corner your game version.

Make sure it runs properly and that game version is like on image. Then go to installing PR. For rest follow guide.

Edit: Ninjad. Well you shouldn't had to do that if you had legal copy already. Anyway there was a problem with Steam version of BF2, so if its still ongoing look here for solution.

Continue here > http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...m-version.html

CATA4TW!
Last edited by MaSSive; 07-23-2012 at 05:33 AM..

Tags
black, prexe, screen