project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
28 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Boris
Default Bot Limit

Is it possible to spawn more than 32 bots in coop mode as I haven't been able to do it after editing:

\mods\pr\ai\aidefault.ai
Code:
aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 1
aiSettings.setBotSkill 1.0
\mods\pr\settings\serversettings.con
Code:
sv.maxPlayers 64
sv.coopBotCount 64
%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\ServerSettings.con
Code:
sv.maxPlayers 64
sv.coopBotCount 64
%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0002\ServerSettings.con
Code:
GameServerSettings.setMaxPlayers 64
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotCount 64
If I don't set the above two %USERPROFILE% configs as read-only then they get rewrote to max 32 by the game.
Boris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
MaSSive

MaSSive's Avatar
Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default Re: Bot Limit

If you edit aidefault.ai then dont touch bot settings in server setup screen or it will get overwritten. It works for me but if you want to have 64 bots on one side that will not work. May want to decrease bot difficulty a bit, 1.0 seems too extreme.

sv.maxPlayers and sv.CoopBotCount are not dependent on each other. You can set 16 slots for players and still have 64 bots in game.

Note the lines with rem in front on the end of aidefault.ai file. Remove rem in front of them to activate override feature. Read the explanation in file its quite good explained.

Quote:
rem *** PRSP Ai v5 ***

echo ************************************************** ************************
echo ********************PROJECT****REALITY****AI****LO ADED********************
echo ************************************************** ************************

aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 1
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.4

rem To override the amount of bots used in PRSP, use the following lines instead of the three lines above.
rem This will render the ingame menu and serversettings.con bot settings not used, as the following lines
rem of code overrides those settings.
rem Just remove the "rem" in front of the lines to make it read by the game, then edit the numbers as needed.

rem aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
rem aiSettings.setMaxNBots 47
rem aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
rem aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.9

run BotNames.ai
aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 48
rem aiDebug.draw 1
run AIPathFinding.ai
Do not uncomment rem aiDebug.draw 1 or you will see this





Remove rem only on bold text.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline
Last edited by MaSSive; 07-14-2012 at 09:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
Boris
Default Re: Bot Limit

Hey, thanks for the reply. Sorry for the long post here (skip to end for the answer)...

Quote:
If you edit aidefault.ai then dont touch bot settings in server setup screen or it will get overwritten. It works for me but if you want to have 64 bots on one side that will not work.
OK. I don't generally touch the in-game controls if I have overrideMenuSettings 1 set. I'd normally just select map, add it, then deploy, expecting the override in aidefault.ai to set the botcount/ratio/etc.

Quote:
sv.maxPlayers and sv.CoopBotCount are not dependent on each other. You can set 16 slots for players and still have 64 bots in game.
Hmm, I didn't know that. But, on reading that, I tried setting...

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0002\ServerSettings.con
Code:
GameServerSettings.setMaxPlayers 4
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotCount 64
and...

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\ServerSettings.con
Code:
sv.maxPlayers 4
sv.coopBotCount 64
...and it gave me a total of 3 bots plus me in game. It also rewrote those two configs of its own accord to...

Code:
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotCount 48
and...
Code:
sv.coopBotCount 48
...which just messes with my head.

So, I changed it to the following...

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0002\ServerSettings.con
Code:
GameServerSettings.setMaxPlayers 4
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotCount 64
and...

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\ServerSettings.con
Code:
sv.maxPlayers 128
sv.coopBotCount 64
...and again, it gave me 3 bots plus me. It also rewrote the configs as before to sv.coopBotCount 48 and GameServerSettings.setCoopBotCount 48.

...

So, let's try something else. If I set the following...

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0002\ServerSettings.con
Code:
GameServerSettings.setMaxPlayers 128
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotCount 64
and...

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\ServerSettings.con
Code:
sv.maxPlayers 128
sv.coopBotCount 64
...it results in 32 players; me + 31 bots.

...

I just don't get it. Something seems broken somewhere, or I'm missing something. I don't understand why the in-game menu changes of its own accord between the slider indicating "32" max players set or "48" based on the various combinations of configuration (which seems to determine what the configs are rewrote to), though no matter what I do I'm not able to spawn more than 32 bots.

Quote:
Note the lines with rem in front on the end of aidefault.ai file. Remove rem in front of them to activate override feature. Read the explanation in file its quite good explained.
Yeah, I've checked and double-checked that. It should be fine, but I'll post it verbatim...

Code:
rem *** PRSP Ai v5 ***

echo **************************************************************************
echo ********************PROJECT****REALITY****AI****LOADED********************
echo **************************************************************************

aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

rem	aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
rem	aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 1
rem	aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.4

rem	To override the amount of bots used in PRSP, use the following lines instead of the three lines above.
rem	This will render the ingame menu and serversettings.con bot settings not used, as the following lines
rem	of code overrides those settings.
rem	Just remove the "rem" in front of the lines to make it read by the game, then edit the numbers as needed.

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 1
aiSettings.setBotSkill 1.0

run BotNames.ai

aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 48

rem aiDebug.draw 1

run AIPathFinding.ai
Hmm, maybe if I try...

\mods\pr\ai\aidefault.ai
Code:
aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0 <------------------- instead of 1
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.9
%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0002\ServerSettings.con
Code:
GameServerSettings.setMaxPlayers 128
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotCount 64
%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\ServerSettings.con
Code:
sv.maxPlayers 128
sv.coopBotCount 64
OK! Now I've 64 bots + me. So it's looking like the problem was the maxBotsIncludeHumans value I'd set. When I originally edited the aidefault.ai file I changed it to "1" thinking that it'd result in me + 63 bots on a 64-player server config. I still don't understand how it arrived at the above "32" and "48" config rewrite business though, but oh well, at least things are working now.

Thanks for the prod, it got me there in the end.
Boris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
MaSSive

MaSSive's Avatar
Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default Re: Bot Limit

I dont know it might have something to do with

Code:
aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 48
but I cant say for sure, its just speculating. It been a while since I played with these configs, but I think that sv.maxPlayers should not have any relations with bot settings.

Finally I hate numbers and math, never was good at it. Glad you got it sorted.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
Artem_007
Default Re: Bot Limit

How to balance this bots?
Quote:
rem *** PRSP Ai v5 ***

echo ************************************************** ************************
echo ********************PROJECT****REALITY****AI****LO ADED********************
echo ************************************************** ************************

aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.setMaxNBots 128
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 1
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.4

rem To override the amount of bots used in PRSP, use the following lines instead of the three lines above.
rem This will render the ingame menu and serversettings.con bot settings not used, as the following lines
rem of code overrides those settings.
rem Just remove the "rem" in front of the lines to make it read by the game, then edit the numbers as needed.

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 100
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.9

run botnames.ai
aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 48
rem aiDebug.draw 1
run aipathfinding.ai
And I have 85 vs 16.
Serversettings.con
Quote:
sv.autoBalanceTeam 0
sv.teamRatioPercent 100
sv.coopBotRatio 50
sv.coopBotCount 90
sv.coopBotDifficulty 90
I want to play with 128 bots(64 vs 64)
Artem_007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
MaSSive

MaSSive's Avatar
Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default Re: Bot Limit

Code:
sv.autoBalanceTeam 1
Or use modmanager script, but if its too much for you this will do.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #7
Boris
Default Re: Bot Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem_007 View Post
How to balance this bots?

And I have 85 vs 16.
Serversettings.con

I want to play with 128 bots(64 vs 64)
I believe the maximum bot count you can have is 96 (48 per side) before team balance becomes impossible.

Example configs...

YourProfile\ServerSettings.con:
Code:
GameServerSettings.setServerName "0001ServerSettings.con"
GameServerSettings.setPassword ""
GameServerSettings.setInternet 0
GameServerSettings.setMaxPlayers 1
GameServerSettings.setSpawnTime 30
GameServerSettings.setManDownTime 300
GameServerSettings.setTicketRatio 999
GameServerSettings.setRoundsPerMap 1
GameServerSettings.setTimeLimit 0
GameServerSettings.setScoreLimit 0
GameServerSettings.setSoldierFF 100
GameServerSettings.setVehicleFF 100
GameServerSettings.setSoldierSplashFF 100
GameServerSettings.setVehicleSplashFF 100
GameServerSettings.setPunishTeamKills 1
GameServerSettings.setVotingEnabled 1
GameServerSettings.setVoteTime 5
GameServerSettings.setMinPlayersForVoting 1
GameServerSettings.setTeamVoteOnly 0
GameServerSettings.setVoipEnabled 0
GameServerSettings.setVoipQuality 3
GameServerSettings.setVoipServerRemote 0
GameServerSettings.setVoipServerRemoteIP 
GameServerSettings.setVoipServerPort 55125
GameServerSettings.setVoipBFClientPort 55123
GameServerSettings.setVoipBFServerPort 55124
GameServerSettings.setVoipSharedPassword 
GameServerSettings.setAutoRecord 0
GameServerSettings.setSvPunkBuster 0
GameServerSettings.setTeamRatio 50
GameServerSettings.setAutoBalanceTeam 0
GameServerSettings.setFriendlyFireWithMines 1
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotRatio 100
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotCount 48
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotDifficulty 90
GameServerSettings.setNoVehicles 0
aidefault.ai:
Code:
aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 95
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.9

run botnames.ai
aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 48
rem aiDebug.draw 1
run aipathfinding.ai
From my notes:
Code:
players 64, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 50 = 16-48	= team1-team2 (team2=blufor)
players 64, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 75 = 24-40
players 64, teamRatio 25, coopBotRatio 75 = 24-40	= teamRatio has no effect
players 64, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 100 = 32-32
players 95, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 100 = 48-48	96 bot is maximum for even balanced teams
players 127, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 80 = 39-89	balance has skewed to team2 because >96 players
players 127, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 90 = 44-84
*** EDIT YourProfile\ServerSettings.con - NOT Default\ServerSettings.con ***

*** Set num bots in bf2\mods\pr\ai\aidefault.ai ***

*** maximum bot+player count is 96 before team balance becomes impossible ***

*** CoopBotRatio variable is 100 max ***

*** CoopBotCount resets automatically to 32 or 48 - no need to edit this ***
Boris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #8
Artem_007
Default Re: Bot Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSSive View Post
Code:
sv.autoBalanceTeam 1
Or use modmanager script, but if its too much for you this will do.
It doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I believe the maximum bot count you can have is 96 (48 per side) before team balance becomes impossible.

Example configs...

YourProfile\ServerSettings.con:
Code:
GameServerSettings.setServerName "0001ServerSettings.con"
GameServerSettings.setPassword ""
GameServerSettings.setInternet 0
GameServerSettings.setMaxPlayers 1
GameServerSettings.setSpawnTime 30
GameServerSettings.setManDownTime 300
GameServerSettings.setTicketRatio 999
GameServerSettings.setRoundsPerMap 1
GameServerSettings.setTimeLimit 0
GameServerSettings.setScoreLimit 0
GameServerSettings.setSoldierFF 100
GameServerSettings.setVehicleFF 100
GameServerSettings.setSoldierSplashFF 100
GameServerSettings.setVehicleSplashFF 100
GameServerSettings.setPunishTeamKills 1
GameServerSettings.setVotingEnabled 1
GameServerSettings.setVoteTime 5
GameServerSettings.setMinPlayersForVoting 1
GameServerSettings.setTeamVoteOnly 0
GameServerSettings.setVoipEnabled 0
GameServerSettings.setVoipQuality 3
GameServerSettings.setVoipServerRemote 0
GameServerSettings.setVoipServerRemoteIP 
GameServerSettings.setVoipServerPort 55125
GameServerSettings.setVoipBFClientPort 55123
GameServerSettings.setVoipBFServerPort 55124
GameServerSettings.setVoipSharedPassword 
GameServerSettings.setAutoRecord 0
GameServerSettings.setSvPunkBuster 0
GameServerSettings.setTeamRatio 50
GameServerSettings.setAutoBalanceTeam 0
GameServerSettings.setFriendlyFireWithMines 1
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotRatio 100
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotCount 48
GameServerSettings.setCoopBotDifficulty 90
GameServerSettings.setNoVehicles 0
aidefault.ai:
Code:
aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 95
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.9

run botnames.ai
aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 48
rem aiDebug.draw 1
run aipathfinding.ai
From my notes:
Code:
players 64, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 50 = 16-48	= team1-team2 (team2=blufor)
players 64, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 75 = 24-40
players 64, teamRatio 25, coopBotRatio 75 = 24-40	= teamRatio has no effect
players 64, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 100 = 32-32
players 95, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 100 = 48-48	96 bot is maximum for even balanced teams
players 127, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 80 = 39-89	balance has skewed to team2 because >96 players
players 127, teamRatio 50, coopBotRatio 90 = 44-84
*** EDIT YourProfile\ServerSettings.con - NOT Default\ServerSettings.con ***

*** Set num bots in bf2\mods\pr\ai\aidefault.ai ***

*** maximum bot+player count is 96 before team balance becomes impossible ***

*** CoopBotRatio variable is 100 max ***

*** CoopBotCount resets automatically to 32 or 48 - no need to edit this ***
It's works, thx a lot.
Why in bf2 I can have a lot of bots but in pr it is impossible? Developers can't fix it in future?
Artem_007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #9
DJ Barney

DJ Barney's Avatar
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Barney
Default Re: Bot Limit

Should this work witha dedicated server ? I've been trying but for the life of me it's always unbalanced, 9 bots on one side, all the rest on the other. I copied the serversettings.con above directly and made sure it was loading from the profile directory by putting in an "echo" message.
DJ Barney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #10
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Bot Limit

I don't have an answer for you, I never delved into these settings, hopefully a server admin will see this thread or your Co-op subforum posts and respond.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
bot, limit
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.