project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
Zoddom

Default [Solved] Vanilla AND PR wont start

hey, after setting up my new HDD, my bf2 wont start up. its patched to 1.5 and the pr versions are also installed.
usually, you just need to delete the profiles folder and make a new profile in vanilla, but even vanilla doesnt start up.
when startin in windowed mode i get this error:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default re: [Solved] Vanilla AND PR wont start

Let's try avoiding reinstalling all of BF2 and PR.

Quote:
"after setting up my new HDD"
Explain the exactly what you did, and the exact steps you took.

This new HDD is your primary OS drive, or a secondary drive?

Did you clone your old drive to the new HDD ?

etc.

Which cloning program did you use?

Old 06-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Zoddom

I bought a new HDD and installed a fresh Win 7 64 bit (kept my secondary as it was). then i installed BF2, installed BF2:SF and then 1.5.
after that, i installed 0.96 part 1-3, then pr 0.96 to 0.97 patch, then mappack, then vietnam, then vietnam patch.

after noticing that it doesnt start, i reinstalled patch 1.5, but it didnt help.

avoiding reinstalling is a pretty good idea

i think it might be something with my directx install, because i installed it before i installed all the latest windows updates i think (BF3 runs though :/)

Old 06-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Download: DirectX Redist (June 2010) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Download: DirectX End-User Runtime - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Try with that and check if you have net framework activated ( 3.5 sp1 ), also check MS VC++ ( you need bith 32 and 64bit version of whatever build you have ).

CATA4TW!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
Zoddom

thanks, i try the links.

in my "installed updates" list i just can find .net framework 4 entries :/

edit:
could it really be some windows update? then why do all my other games work?

Old 06-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

Slow down, let's work through this one step at a time.

Quote:
then i installed BF2, installed BF2:SF and then 1.5.
after that, i installed 0.96 part 1-3, then pr 0.96 to 0.97 patch, then mappack, then vietnam, then vietnam patch.
Depending on what version of BF2 you had, you have to install BF2, then BF2:SF , then patch 1.41 Full, then patch 1.5,
At this point I need to know if
1. your original BF2 installation file came with Patch 1.41 Full built into the installation files?
2. Did you try to start and run vanilla and log into an account and join a multiplayer server to create the registry entries?
3. What type of original installation media you have? Retail CD, Origin/EA download, Retail CD with SF included, etc.

If your original BF2 installation files do not have the 1.41 Full patch, you probably should uninstall, reboot, and reinstall in full.

Here is the recommended installation guide for BF2 and PR:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ion-guide.html

There is a link above for the 1.41 Full patch, it is about 536MB , so get started.

Let us know how you progress.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
Zoddom

yeah that might be the problem. when i installed it in the past, i always installed 1.41 proi to 1.5, but only because it always said i had a newer version installed when i tried to install 1.5 over 1.0 or 1.1.

but 1.5 insalled fine without any complains after i installed SF.

i have the retail vanilla BF2 CD.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Ive got retail Deluxe CD package ( BF2 + BF2SF ) and its on version 1.3 I think. I dont believe there is a version with preinstalled patch 1.41 neither 1.5. Steam is different thing, they get patch automatically over it.

Now I dont know if it will allow you to install 1.41 now, in which case you will have to reinstall everything to make it work.

CATA4TW!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
Zoddom

yeah i got it. i deinstalled PR, installed 1.41 and then 1.5, now or again
pretty strange that it says 1.5 full patch and doesnt complain when installing over 1.0 but then doesnt work :/

thanks for your help

Closed Thread

Tags
solved, start, vanilla