project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
koskok
Unhappy PR crash when loading

Hi there!
I got PR several months and i cant play.When a map loads to 62% then PR crashes to desktop.
I think it has to do with textures,but i still cant solve the problem.I also tried different resolutions and generally video settings.
Plz guys,help me with this,i know PR is an awesome mod and i would really love to play it.

My PC:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz 2.00Ghz
3.00 GB ram
32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate
2 graphic cards(Nvidia GeForce 9100M G and Nvidia GeForce 9600M GS) and Hybrid SLI

P.S.: I played Assault on mestia and one more map once
Last edited by koskok; 06-14-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default Re: PR crash when loading

Are you able to run BF2 properly? Try that first and then we will see about PR.

For what reason do you run there 2 graphic cards in SLI? 9100M is very low performance gpu and if you put it in SLI with more powerful gpu as you did with 9600M GS you generally destroy performance of your stronger GPU. Both will work with clocks of 9100M. Result is performance loss.

Remove 9100M and use only 9600.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #3
koskok

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
Are you able to run BF2 properly? Try that first and then we will see about PR.

For what reason do you run there 2 graphic cards in SLI? 9100M is very low performance gpu and if you put it in SLI with more powerful gpu as you did with 9600M GS you generally destroy performance of your stronger GPU. Both will work with clocks of 9100M. Result is performance loss.

Remove 9100M and use only 9600.
BF2 runs perfect,no problem with it and i will try disabling 9100M.Also my laptop is Turbo X Majestic and these are the default cards.
Last edited by koskok; 06-15-2012 at 04:21 AM..
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
MaSSive

I tried looking up your laptop but I was able to find it on greek sites only and my Greek is not that good.

Fro what Ive seen, seems like it comes with this hybrid SLI setup, although Im not quite sure why has manufacturer did this at all. Consult your manual on how to use just one graphic card, and increase performance of system.

Meanwhile you might try to run PR in windowed mode, and hopefully usable on screen error might appear when it crashes, so we know what might cause it.

Add this to you PR shortcut and make sure to cutomize it to your paths.

Code:
"D:\Program Files\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +restart +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +szx 800 +szy 600
This will skip intro screens, run game in windowed mode at resolution 800x600 and whats important will show on screen error if it happens. If so take note of it, or cap screenshot and post back here.

CATA4TW!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
koskok

Quote:
I tried looking up your laptop but I was able to find it on greek sites only and my Greek is not that good.

Fro what Ive seen, seems like it comes with this hybrid SLI setup, although Im not quite sure why has manufacturer did this at all. Consult your manual on how to use just one graphic card, and increase performance of system.

Meanwhile you might try to run PR in windowed mode, and hopefully usable on screen error might appear when it crashes, so we know what might cause it.

Code:
"D:\Program Files\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +restart +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +szx 800 +szy 600
This will skip intro screens, run game in windowed mode at resolution 800x600 and whats important will show on screen error if it happens. If so take note of it, or cap screenshot and post back here.
Thx ima try it out and let ya know if theres a problem
koskok is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
koskok

Quote:

Code:
You were right!I tried to load Muttrah City and an error appeared at 62% of loading,here's what it says:

Debug assertion failed!

Version:1.5.3153-802.0 Build date:2009-8-21 3:8
Module:Geom
File:
C:\dice\Projects\BF2Branches\Patch_1_50\Code\BF2\G eom\SkinnedMe
shTemplate.ccp
Line:266

Text:Cannot Load SkinnedMesh
Objects/vehicles/xpak_vehicles/xpak_common/antennasm/Meshes/ant
ennasm.skinnedMesh Please make sure it exists!

Current Profile:

Hope this error helped you

P.S. I tried disabling 9100M G and keep 9600M GS but then everything gets messed up........it can be either 9100M G only or 9100M G and 9600M GS together.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
MaSSive

Those errors are very hard to diagnose and usually its the best to reinstall mod completely, in some cases complete game reinstall is needed.

Tell me one thing first. Have you made sure your BF2 runs and have you played it a bit before you installed and tried playing PR?

CATA4TW!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
koskok

Quote:
Those errors are very hard to diagnose and usually its the best to reinstall mod completely, in some cases complete game reinstall is needed.

Tell me one thing first. Have you made sure your BF2 runs and have you played it a bit before you installed and tried playing PR?
i have reinstalled PR 6 times and generally BF2 3 times.Also,i have been playing vanilla BF2 for 1 year without any issues.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
MaSSive

So BF2 works perfectly and was fully operational before you installed and started PR?

Well this is going to be the pain. I can only assume that your laptop is too weak to be able to run it properly. As you said you can run BF2 but its nothing in comparison to PR. PR is heavily modified and in it, BF2 engine is pushed to the limits. Much larger maps, so requires much more system performance. More RAM, much better CPU, much better graphic card.

Since this is SLI setup, and awkward one, Im not sure what to do here. If you have 2 cards in SLI and one is much more weaker than the other, both will perform, as weaker one. To add to that those mobile solutions use shared ram, so its even worse.

Are you able to run local SP? Ever loaded it and tried? Use smaller maps, and decrease video details as low as you can, and see what is does.

CATA4TW!

Tags
crash, ctd, loading