Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/)
-   PR:BF2 Support (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support)
-   -   Win 7 Can't join server until 2nd attempt (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support/111530-cant-join-server-until-2nd-attempt.html)

[R-DEV]AfterDune 06-12-2012 11:41 AM

Can't join server until 2nd attempt

It's been like this for a week now. I open the serverbrowser, choose a game to join, but then gives me a "you got disconnected" message. I try again and it works without issues. It's like that every time now.

I haven't change my firewall settings, haven't installed anything new. No idea why it does this. Sure I can play, but it's very annoying.

Anyone else get this?

Steeps 06-12-2012 12:41 PM

I know a whole bunch of us in OD-S have been having this same problem. What I do is attempt to join an empty server first, then join the server I want to get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[R-DEV]BloodyDeed 06-12-2012 01:10 PM

Re: Can't join server until 2nd attempt

This issue arose with the latest punkbuster update.
There is nothing the DEV or the Support team can do about it.

Cheers

[R-DEV]AfterDune 06-12-2012 01:28 PM

Aw man.. :(

JTFARockz 06-12-2012 03:08 PM

Yeah I've been getting that too!! It's really annoying :p

Daniel 06-12-2012 06:19 PM

Me too, everytime.
Pls DEVs, contact the responsible persons (from Evenbalance/Punkbuster??? Or is it @ EA central, the servers? Once some years ago there was a big change with issues on servers cause by EA server change or so... I remember that. Might be connected to each other...)

MaSSive 06-13-2012 03:08 PM

There is not much we can do. Addressing to Evenbalance as entity or mod team has no priority whatsoever, and they treat us all the same.

What we can do is open support ticket and hopefully they will fix it...someday.

To me it looks like a problem in relation Microsoft - Evenbalance - Certificate Authority and might have nothing to do with support/developing team, but is pure business. Wont go much into that, since its just speculation.

=]H[= Apollo 08-14-2012 10:23 PM

Has there been any updates about this?

Daniel 08-14-2012 10:32 PM

I got the strange feeling that by that thing EA or whoever/whatever company is checking/creating a statistic of how many players still play BF2/Mods/PR or in detail, I mean, how often players still join online servers... :)

[R-DEV]AfterDune 08-15-2012 02:02 AM

They don't need anything for that, they'll just check the gamespy servers (or whatever they're called).