project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
DNA9881

Exclamation Map Texture Missing Upon Joining Game

Each time I start my game for the first time and join a server there's about a 50/50 chance that when I load into a map (After Pressing Squad Assignment) I am left without a ground texture. It looks as if I'm standing on air when I'm walking around and its the only aspect from the game missing. I believe I have narrowed it down to have something to do with having a second monitor I'm not positive though. The problem only started about a year ago when I began using the 2nd not to show the game just my TS/Steam/Time on my desktop. I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem and it gets really tedious to restart my game each time it does it.

- Win 7
- 2 Monitors (Possible Cause)
- Steam BF2 (Always Possible Cause)
- Nvidia GTS 250

If you wants screenies let me know!

Thanks in advance guys for the help!
DNA9881 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Re: Map Texture Missing Upon Joining Game

are you graphics drivers been recently updated?

has this started happening recently?

did you install correctly?
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Disable the ingame AA completely and see if it goes away.

This issue affected ATI cards a couple of years ago, but not Nvidia from what I recall... so it's a little strange that it would be happening to your GTS250 if it is indeed the same issue.

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 FCV
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

What Psyrus said and to add to that clear your shaders cache and let it optimize again after you turn Antialiansing off.

Shaders are located in My Documents > Battlefield 2 > mods > bf2 > cache

Delete all folders below that point and make sure your game is not running while your doing it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
DNA9881

Okay guys thanks for the help i'll check into these ideas and let you know which seems to work best. Also it might even be that my GTS250 is completely screwed up as a result of years of BadCompany2 overheats due to its ridiculous fan placement. Never once have I seen such a melted piece of hardware still function at all xD.

Thanks again!
DNA9881 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
Doc.Pock

hmm... ive been using a GTS250 with BC2 and BF3 for some time and it doesnt overheat. maybe here your problem lies...

[R-MOD]Spec: Actually, I did teamkill him last I remember... -on Rhino being a teamkiller.
=Romagnolo=: Becareful, it is addictive. -on me sig quoting.
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
game, joining, map, missing, texture