project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
19 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Petrov
Default Win7 'Your connection has been lost' when joining servers

I have had this problem on both Bf2 and PR. I played PR a while ago on 0.87 or something, I cant remember and I had no problems whatsoever, but now everytime I try to join a server it pauses on the server list for a little while and then 'Your connection to the server has been lost' or something similar.

I am running bf2 1.5 and the latest project reality, I have tried a bunch of fixes like manually installing punkbuster and I'm going to try reinstalling bf2 soon. I've waited a day to see if it would work and I've restarted my router multiple times.

Please help guys, I really love your mod, it was really the most immersive and fun games I've ever played, and now I'm bummed off because I cant get into a bloody server :/
Petrov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Petrov
Default Sorry

Crap, sorry guys, i posted this in the wrong section, my bad... I guess a moderator could close this or something?

EDIT: no I didnt... wtf is wrong with me. Anyway guys yeah, I need some help haha
Old 06-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default Re: Win7 'Your connection has been lost' when joining servers

Nothing we can do now. Its a bad PB update something. You should be able to connect from second try, but first time you will get connection lost.

We all have that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
Petrov

well when I try to join a server for the second time, pr just ctds, no errors or anything, just ctd. Oh, now that I think about it the 'connection has been lost' isnt my actual problem. Thanks for showing me that haha, but I still cant play the game :/
Old 06-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Try this, and if you get any errors on screen post them back here in code tags or in form of screenshot.

Quote:
Hello, welcome to PR and welcome to the forums,

Follow this guide:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ion-guide.html

You MUST start vanilla BF2 once, log in to or create a player profile, and join a vanilla BF2 server for BF2 to write your profile settings to the Windows Registry.
While you are in vanilla BF@, go to Options, Video, and set your video options, and specifically your resolution, to the correct settings for your monitor.
Save that,

Then start PR and see if it works.

If still not working you have to add a command line to your PR.exe shortcut, such as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
First thing to do is to run in windowed mode. Right click your PR shortcut and edit target line so it looks like this.

Code:
\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 + szx 800 +  sxy 600
Don't copy-paste this adjust to your needs. szx 800 and szy 600 are in fact resolution you want to run in windowed mode. Adjust to be less than your max desktop resolution.

If you get any error take screenshot of it if possible and post it here. In windowed mode you will see errors, while it wont output anything in fullscreen. So lets see whats wrong.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
connection, joining, lost, servers, win7