project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
666planer
Question [Solved] Crash after server load. :'(

Every time I join an online server it crashes as soon as it finishes loading, but before I click the"join" button. Local vs bots works fine. Any ideas to why this happens?
I recently changed laptops for better performance, but can't run PR online because of this.
What am I missing? Thanks.

System Specs:

16 Gigabytes RAM
GTX 580m Video Card
yada-yada-yada
and plenty of everything else.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Obiwan120
Default re: [Solved] Crash after server load. :'(

Are there any error messages that pop up after you crash? Is your version of windows 32 or 64 bit?

Try this and tell us if any error reports pop up

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
First thing to do is to run in windowed mode. Right click your PR shortcut and edit target line so it looks like this.

Quote:
\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 + szx 800 + sxy 600
Don't copy-paste this adjust to your needs. szx 800 and szy 600 are in fact resolution you want to run in windowed mode. Adjust to be less than your max desktop resolution.

If you get any error take screenshot of it if possible and post it here. In windowed mode you will see errors, while it wont output anything in fullscreen. So lets see whats wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Obiwan120; 05-26-2012 at 05:47 PM..
Old 05-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
666planer

Nope. 64 bit.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

You must run vanilla BF2 once and log in and join an online server to write the BF2 profile entry to registry.
When someone forgets to do this , the outcome is usually the insta-crash on load situation you are experiencing.

It is also a good idea to adjust your video resolution and settings in the vanilla bf2 at that point.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
666planer

Thanks for the input, but I tried joining one in regular BF2, only to get the same crash after load. Also, I never changed graphics settings except for when in regular BF2. Everything is max with good performance. Besides crashing when joining online servers, that is.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
666planer

Here's the bug report... Thanks Obiwan120.
Attached Thumbnails
bug.jpg  
Old 05-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
Obiwan120

Hmm, I can't make out the words unfortunately. However, I do believe what you have some sort of Debug Assertion Failed error. Could you perhaps get a better picture if possible? If not, someone who is more technologically educated on this matter will be here shortly.

Last edited by Obiwan120; 05-27-2012 at 12:11 AM..
Old 05-27-2012, 01:24 AM   #8
666planer

Maybe this?
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.jpg  
Old 05-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

Need to know if you have an audio card, and what model.
need to know, if you are using onboard audio, what audio chipset.
need to know what audio options you have set in vanilla BF2.
need to know if vanilla BF2 works.

These days, This is a vanilla BF2 problem almost always related to audio drivers.
Start vanilla BF2 if it runs, go to audio options, and set audio quality to lowest available.
turning off the EAX or whatever it's called in the soundsettings usually fixes this.
MIcrosoft or Lucas et al at EAX implemented the win7 EAX audio driver incorrectly for older games. It causes this bug.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #10
Obiwan120

Hmm, after searching through the forums a bit I may have a possible solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejollyroger12345 View Post
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/4...rormessage.jpg

Thats the error messege i get when it crashs after i put on the target with posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Twisted Helix View Post
Yep this seems like its the cause of your problem. Basically the BF2 engine is having trouble running its network manager ... and this explains why you crash only connecting to the internet.

As this is a BF2 issue, it wont matter how often you reinstall PR, as the cause lies with BF2.

I suggest trying to reinstall BF2 after first uninstalling it and cleaning any references you can find to it in the registry (ask if you need more details). Because it seems as though your path to either BF2 or your path to the 1.5 patch is extremely odd and non standard. It is possible that your patch has installed in the wrong place due to an old registry entry that is confusing your system when you try to do a clean reinstall. So just reinstalling might not fix it without getting rid of all BF2 references from your registry after uninstalling.

Closed Thread

Tags
crash, load, server, solved