project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
6Skrillex6
Question Pnkbstrb.exe issues

Hello PR Dev's and eventual forum readers.

Recently I posted on this forum about a problem with punkbuster (Losing Key Packets 9014) yet this was resolved by a re-install of PR.

Although, the problem has now resurfaced after a week of flawless gaming, thus this really confuses me.

I have now went through almost every single guide on google and youtube regarding the problem and I then successfully identified it all.

Apparently the PnkbstrB.exe had to be manually checked in, I did that and I saw it running in my processes. Then after a few minutes of playing PR, almost simultaneously as I get the error PnkbstrB.exe shuts down and then restarts after 1 minute.

Now I only wonder, what could cause it? And is there a fix other then removing Battlefield 2 in a whole and reinstalling everything again?

All tips and eventual fixes will be much appreciated.
6Skrillex6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
captainfuture

Default Re: Pnkbstrb.exe issues

Does that help?

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...s-here-10.html

captainfuture aka tfdno31
Last edited by captainfuture; 05-26-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Apparently there was bad PB update in last few weeks, so if you have problems with it better go and update it manually with Pbsetup or download files manually here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
Apparently there was bad PB update in last few weeks, so if you have problems with it better go and update it manually with Pbsetup or download files manually here.
The bad PB Update in last few weeks was not caused by Everbalance and Punkbuster, rather it was caused by workers at Microsoft's Windows Update.

Please run WindowsUpdate and make sure to install ALL updates it finds (especially the root certificate update). If that doesn't help, try completely reinstalling PunkBuster, as described in this post.

In short, there was an error in the certificate that MIcrosoft gave to Everbalance.com, causing the punkbusterB program to fail certification once your local WIndows OS started the routine check to see if it was a certified program.

Quote:
After ours of investigation I found a possible resolution for some players.

Microsoft OS has rolled out April 2012 new certifications in its update. GET THE FIX HERE:
Download: Update for Root Certificates For Windows XP [April 2012] (KB931125) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

maybe punkbuster try to certificate punkbuster K/B with them.

Look into your punkbuster systemlogfile shown in.

/windows/system32/logfile/punkbuster
Quote:
Quick detailsVersion: 931125 Date published: 4/16/2012
Change language:
KB articles: KB931125
File name Size
rootsupd.exe 378 KB

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
6Skrillex6

Thank you for your replies.

I downloaded the Roots but when I try to run the installer it instantly shuts down of me, help with that?
Running it as admin.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Dont run that. Its for Win XP not for Win7. Update PB manually.

Also I updated my PB with PBsetup just few hours ago and tried to join MP game of AIX mod. Got very same problem with first attempt to join the server. Connection lost. This is not Windows update issue, at least on Win7 x64. I haven't run any updates recently so it is indeed bad PB update. Confirmed 100%.

Sadly there is nothing much we can do to fix it. Until they release new update with fixes were screwd.

CATA4TW!
Last edited by MaSSive; 05-26-2012 at 02:14 PM..
Old 05-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
6Skrillex6

Well, I've updated PB manually over 5 times and yeah, nothing seems to work.

Just gonna get an LoA from PR until Windows releases a fix.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
=MeRk= BluFFeR
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via MSN to =MeRk= BluFFeR Send a message via Skype™ to =MeRk= BluFFeR

Anyone tried pbsvc from evenbalance (pb) PunkBuster Online Countermeasures
TBH this has sorted every problem I have ever had with punkbuster.

Hope it helps

=MeRk= BluFFeR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
Acemantura

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

So whats our course of action here? I've got guys DCing left and right.

Sent from my crappy phone keyboard.

Acemantura is online now Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

Ace, I have no idea how to get this fixed, it's a problem between Everbalance and Microsoft's department in charge of Windows Certificates.

The link in the big bold font in my above post will fix this for WinXP x32 .

Outside of temporarily adding the link to pbsvc to your server messages, I'm not sure what we as the PR community can do atm.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
issues, pnkbstrbexe