project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #21
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default re: [Solved]loading maps? - Desura install

So what you're saying is that you have a BF2 installed and you are able to play MP games properly, you have PR 0.973 installed over Desura, you tried to install PR Vietnam map pack but it required a fix, which you applied and after all this you still see server which are running PR:V in red color?

If so I'm stumped. Either we missed something here, or you did. Can you check if in folder Battlefield2/mods/pr/levels there are folders named:

- prv_barracuda
- prv_base
- prv_battle_of_ia_drang
- prv_dien_duong
- prv_tad_sae

and also check if those folders are not empty?

Also there is no need to DL Net Fw 3.5 SP1 it comes with Win7, you just need to go in Control Panel>Programs and Features>Turn Windows features on or off, locate Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 and tick its box and hit OK.

Edit: Also I forgot to mention again. Run PR as administrator. Its not sufficient to have administrator account, you must either right click on it and click run as admin or go to shortcut properties>compatibility tab and tick box on lower end that says Run as administrator, apply and ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
Last edited by MaSSive; 04-11-2012 at 10:07 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #22
IDRick

At the present time, I have nothing installed relating to PR on my computer. After yesterday's failures, I had uninstalled desura and deleted the PR:VN file. Sorry, it is impossible to go back and check the folder. I will have to redownload the files this weekend. Is there anything that I should do to clean sweep any possible remnants of PR from my system prior to reinstalling? I downloaded through desura and it appears to uninstall all the PR files.

Thank you.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #23
MaSSive

Simple registry cleanup utility like CCleaner might cleanup remaining entries if any.

Next time try not to use Desura and download installers from our download page. I hope Desura will fix this issue soon. Installers downloaded from our archive are straight forward and they work without problem, assuming your system is ready to take them.

You never said where did you get BF2 from? Desura also? Or Steam, retail copy - CD/DVD...?

CATA4TW!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #24
IDRick

Not knowing any better, I originally went to the PR download page and it appeared that desura would be an easier way to download PR:BF2 than doing three separate files... So I chose the easy approach, what could go wrong...

BF-2 was purchased on CD and freshly installed on this computer ~1-1/2 years ago. I'm not sure I can lay my hands on the CD anymore so hopefully I won't need it. I have not played BF2 in quite some time due to purchasing BC2/BC2-VN and BF3.

As far as Administrator issue, I had previously installed and played Forgotten Hope 2 on my computer which uses the BF2 engine. I had checked the box to run as administrator many months ago for BF2. Thanks for the heads up to do the same with PR.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #25
IDRick

PR:BF2 installed correctly and easily from the three file install. IMO, Desura should not be listed as an optional source since it does cause problems for some...
Old 04-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #26
MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRick View Post
PR:BF2 installed correctly and easily from the three file install. IMO, Desura should not be listed as an optional source since it does cause problems for some...
So I guess you got it solved by downloading installers?

Thanks for feedback Ill report that to Devs, I hope it will be solved fast.

CATA4TW!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #27
IDRick

Correct, I downloaded the three installers and ran each separately without incident.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #28
MaSSive

Happy fragging, locking.

CATA4TW!
Closed Thread

Tags
desura, install, loading, maps, solvedloading