project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson Send a message via Skype™ to Wilkinson
Red face Screen Freezes when Going to Scope

Whenever I scope in for some reason the screen will freeze and the compass will overlap. I am not able to see anything other than the unscoped screen

Running Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp
Have the Intel i7 Quad Core 2.4 GHZ
with a
Intel HD Graphics 3000
AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 1GB GDDR5

Any Ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wilkinson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default Re: Screen Freezes when Going to Scope

Is your onboard graphic chip disabled in bios? Which drivers do you use for 6770?

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson Send a message via Skype™ to Wilkinson

Correction. My apologies I have the AMD Radeon HD 6750 and yes I have most updated drivers.
Also as far as I can see the card is activated in BIOS I dont know of any other on-board chips. If you need any specific screenshots I can provide. Thanks!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkinson View Post
Whenever I scope in for some reason the screen will freeze and the compass will overlap. I am not able to see anything other than the unscoped screen

Running Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp
Have the Intel i7 Quad Core 2.4 GHZ
with a
Intel HD Graphics 3000
AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 1GB GDDR5

Any Ideas?
The one in bold. Is that one used or not? Its IGP and there should be option in BIOS to turn it off and remove its drivers if you dont use it.

IS this your MAC? MacMall | Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro quad-core Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive, Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6770M, SuperDrive, Thunderbolt port, Aluminum unibody, Glossy Widescreen Display MD322LL/A

On Radeon thing. Don't use latest drivers. They're buggy so use 11.3 or 11.6 catalyst.

Clear your shaders cache and let it optimize again. I dont know where this folder should be on MAC but on Win7 its My Documents > Battlefield 2 > Mods > Bf2 > Cache, so delete anything below that. Run PR and see what happens.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Wilkinson

I can't access BIOS On my macbook because it uses EFI. there no firmware on the MB for bios

Do you know any other ways to turn off the chip? I go into My Computer > Manage>Graphics and I can see the Graphics card active.

also regarding Radeon Drivers there's only 1 issued set for the 6750M

This is the Macbook I have
MacMall | Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro quad-core Intel Core i7 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive, Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6750M, SuperDrive, Glossy Widescreen Display (Blowout Model - Installed w/ Mac OS X Lion) MC723LL/A

Tags
freezes, scope, screen