project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #31
floatplane

Default Re: PRMumble Help FAQ and Tips and Tricks

Thanks, the information supplied has been entered into Mumble, the problem now is when I attempt to connect to a server, I am advised my 'original' user name is no longer valid, I click on this and get another window with "wrong password for registered users, please try again" so begins ground hog day !!!!
It seems I can enter/join a "new" server using my original game name and all is fine. It's only when I try to enter a pre-existing server the problem occurs.
How do I 'delete' an existing server, so I can then re-activate it and see if that fixes the problem.
I can then see if my re-calibration of Mumble will work in PR.
System is running Windows 7 64 bit
Thanks once again.
floatplane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #32
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

The quickest solution is to make a new screenname, such as floatplane2 or some such,

Not sure what you mean by "new" server, there is only one PRMumble server, each PR game server is given one main channel and subchannels from that.

Clarify what you mean by "New", atm I am not sure what the cause of this problem is ,

cheers,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:56 AM   #33
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

if you provide me with your current mumble username I can delete your registration and you should be able to use it again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:56 AM   #34
floatplane

Angry Re: PRMumble Help FAQ and Tips and Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
The quickest solution is to make a new screenname, such as floatplane2 or some such,

Not sure what you mean by "new" server, there is only one PRMumble server, each PR game server is given one main channel and subchannels from that.

Clarify what you mean by "New", atm I am not sure what the cause of this problem is ,

cheers,
Thanks, what I mean by a new server, is one I didn't have activated "prior" to carrying out the adjustments to Mumble mentioned in this thread.
The ones I had previously activated no longer accept 'floatplane' as as a password/game name.
If on the other hand I start Mumble (as Admin), and activate another server not previously activated, it recognises me, works fine and puts me in the lobby !!!!!!
I guess the only other alternative may be to "totally" remove Mumble, re-download and activate it and start from scratch.
The Mumble version I am currently running is 1.2.3 - Another thought is to try using the BF2 "in game" VOIP system, I don't know if it's better or worse and not only that, it may incur the wrath of those who "INSIST" Mumble be used !!!!!
PS I am also using this version of mumble on my laptop and achieving the same results - absolutely nothing *&#%@!_*
As mentioned I am NO techie, just a mere mortal and I do realise computers were put on this earth to test our resolve and patience - mine is near breaking point, long live two tin cans with a piece of string in the middle for communications !!!!
Thanks again.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #35
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I think you are using the wrong Mumble version.
To join the PR mumble server you need to have the PRMumble 1.0 Beta4 installed:
Mumble Voice Program in Project Reality - Project Reality Forums
It differs from original mumble 1.2.3 so make sure you follow the steps mentioned above.

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #36
floatplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed View Post
I think you are using the wrong Mumble version.
To join the PR mumble server you need to have the PRMumble 1.0 Beta4 installed:
Mumble Voice Program in Project Reality - Project Reality Forums
It differs from original mumble 1.2.3 so make sure you follow the steps mentioned above.
I do thank you for that, I'll delete Mumble 1.2.3 and try the Beta .... finger's crossed.
The help is really appreciated
Old 03-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #37
Ray Morgan

Hey guys, I am having problems in getting my Mumble working.
A few days ago, it worked fine (PRMumble), but since yesterday, I don't get switched into the right Channels anymore.
It's strange because Mumble says that it is linked to BF2, and I even get the overlay in the game, but I don't get switched in the right channels.

I also can't manually switch myself since I don't have the rights.

I am not using a Steam version of the game.
Can anyone help me please?

Greetings, Ray.
Ray Morgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #38
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

For some odd reason now it wont connect me at all. Not even a message, nothing. Enter username, OK and nothing happens. Weird.

Edit: restored to normal operation

CATA4TW!
Last edited by MaSSive; 03-23-2012 at 07:33 PM..
Old 03-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #39
floatplane

Angry Re: PRMumble Help FAQ and Tips and Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatplane View Post
I do thank you for that, I'll delete Mumble 1.2.3 and try the Beta .... finger's crossed.
The help is really appreciated
Allrighty then - done the above, run in 'adnin', set up as per this thread.
When I start Mumble, it seems to put me in a server, as my game name comes up in the right hand column with a mic. symbol next to it.
When I activate my 'talk' buttons, some light the mic. up green, others red !!!
I enter the PR BF2 games servers and show up in that arena.
Also in the left hand column, you are advised that when BF2 is activated, it will show up as "being linked" and you will be moved automatically to a correct server - you're done.
When I start PR (as admin) it covers the mumble screen and I can't see if I'm linked or if the link sign does or does not come up.
In Mumble set up, everything seems to work in test mode, but in the game I still have no Mumble.
Does the "good old" BF2 in game voip work, if so I can put Mumble out of it's misery ????
Last edited by floatplane; 03-25-2012 at 05:24 AM..
Old 03-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #40
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

Floatplane, if you see the red symbol, you are talking forced-center channel, i.e. in squad channel.
if you see the green symbol, you are talking in local , i.e. in relatino to your locaiton in the BF2 map.

Go to the first post in this thread and scroll down to the G. Overlay section. If you activate the overlay you can see yourself talking in channel , if you select that option in the overlay screen.

Download this overlay settings file, and install it as per directions above.
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/atta...nuary_2012.rar

You are 99% there. Don't give up on the last step.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, prmumble, tips, tricks