project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
22 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 02:20 AM   #21
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Just to make it clear.
There is no need to follow this tutorial when using a 64 Bit OS and I wouldnt recommend applying these stuff.

As for the other stuff I will taka a look later.
But apparently you modified your game so im pretty sure this thread has nothing to do with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BloodyDeed is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:31 AM   #22
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default Re: [32Bit XP/Vista/7] Fix memory errors / Allow applications to use > 2GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr|Zer0 View Post
I, indeed, run the editor in compatibility mode, with XP SP2. Didnt think on compatibility thingy.
Will try that and come back.
Disabled compatibility and i get DIrect X9C error...apparently i have to instal 09c version or higher for the editor to run...and I have directX 11
Dx9c is fully supported on Win7 OS no matter the build. I suggest you update it, you may be missing something.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...010_redist.exe

Reboot after done and then run your application. As BD said dont use this fix since you have 64bit OS and enough RAM, so you dont need it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:02 AM   #23
pr|Zer0

Default Re: [32Bit XP/Vista/7] Fix memory errors / Allow applications to use > 2GB RAM

Problem fixed..kinda of

Removed my map from levels folder, fired up the editor, created a new map with the same name/size, closed the editor and started to replace files from OLD map to the new one (like terrain files, static objects, etc).Replaced one by one and reload the map and I got the crash on loading splines.con. Its a trial and error work. I guess, somehow, splines.con become corrupted(and I was copy-paste a spline when first crash occured). Now, i replaced all files from old map to the new one except /editor/splines.con and map/editor works just fine.
Is there any way i can salvage some splines? Creating a new blank splines.con and add 1 spline at the time and start the editor would work??

Indeed, my posts here are not related to memory issues after all, so sorry for "off-topic". Feel free to delete/move my posts.

LE
Managed to save the splines except the last one by copying all spline code block from old splines .con to a new one

Last edited by pr|Zer0; 04-23-2012 at 04:51 AM..
Old 04-23-2012, 04:10 AM   #24
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Not sure if you did but as soon as you start modding I highly recommend creating a pr_edit folder.
So you will not mess up your PR installation.
Iirc there is a tutorial how to do this in the community modding section.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

BloodyDeed is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #25
pr|Zer0

all work has been done within of pr_edit folder
LE. Tried to copy past a spline...editor crashes and will not restart until you dont delete the last spline.
So i may say...DO NOT copy-paste splines

Last edited by pr|Zer0; 04-23-2012 at 08:35 AM..
Old 07-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #26
Raklodder
Supporting Member

Howdy all, I did enable the +3GB RAM feature per application, however I still receive this message at random times while playing about three-twelve hours in a row without exiting Project Reality nor Mumble, this is my latest error print screen:

Project Reality v0.6 - v1.2.1.0
P8P67 DELUXE B3 | i7-2600K @ 4GHz -0.130v | 8GB @ 1866MHz | HD6970 2GB @ 1375/880MHz -0.100v
Raklodder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #27
Adalaxy

Send a message via Skype™ to Adalaxy

Being a 32bit XP user i tried this out even though i was not CTD. This improved the performance of my pc in regards to PR.

THANKS!

soundcloud.com/adalaxy
Adalaxy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #28
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

does prbf2 have the large adress flag on it?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
&gt, >, 2gb, 32bit, applications, draft, errors, fix, memory, ram, xp or vista or 7