project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
01 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default PR wont start just starts with the intro loading screen and then quits

just downloaded BF2 for another comp and it is 1.5

downloaded PR part 1,2, and 3

once I hit start it goes to the loading intro screen(the small BSS screen with PR dogtags) and then quits
I installed the program by default settings
if I click on it it says not responding also when I go into the task manager it says its not responding
would like some help thanks
Last edited by [R-COM]rushn; 10-08-2011 at 10:26 PM..
Old 10-09-2011, 02:33 AM   #2
maarit
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR wont start just starts with the intro loading screen and then quits

try to play BF2 first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: PR wont start just starts with the intro loading screen and then quits

Have you installed Battlefield 1.41 and Battlefield 1.5 Patch?
Do you start Project Reality as Administrator?

These are the most common mistakes leading to this sort of error.
If this doesnt help check the stickies in the supportforum and/or ask again.

Cheers

BloodyDeed is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

yes I did try BF2 first and single player works
yes I started the PR in administrator mode
and I even restarted my computer

as for the game it is a version 1.5

the game is installed in the mods folder but I got an error message once syaing the location good not be found so maybe it is installed in the wrong file
Last edited by [R-COM]rushn; 10-16-2011 at 06:31 PM..
Old 10-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

so I installed 1.41 and then 1.5(2nd time) I also uninstalled the game and installed it again 1,2,3

still doesnt work the start screen pops up and it just stays there and says program not responding

any ideas?

also so I tryed to play omnicide and after I downloaded it and got the shortcut

when I click it it says patch does not exist even though my mod is in the BF2 mods folder
Last edited by [R-COM]rushn; 10-16-2011 at 06:32 PM..
Old 10-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #6
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Still having problems after I tried various other methods it still doesnt work but...

I can only get omnicide to work from the BF2 itself by going to community but if I try to start from a shortcut or the program file then it doesnt work says that there is a wrong directory

PR on the other hand does start up through BF2 but you cant run it because you need to start it through PR.exe

any ideas? I tried googling the same problem and could not find a solution
Last edited by [R-COM]rushn; 10-16-2011 at 06:33 PM..
Old 10-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #7
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

reinstall from scratch use this thread as guide http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ion-guide.html

go to "My Documents" folder and delete Battlefield 2 folder

go to "Program Files\EA GAMES and delete Battlefield 2 foler if its still there after you perform uninstall

delete all remaining shortcuts from desktop / if any is left

use CC Cleaner or ATF and clean you system and registry...reboot and then reinstall following steps in guide above

EDIT: Just realized that guide is missing some steps

After you install BF2 including punkbuster + 1.41 patch and 1.5 download pbsetup extact it to some folder and run it. It should detect game but if not choose "add game" and browse where you installed bf2. After game is added, click on it to select then click "update" and wait for update to complete. When done quit from it. Download pbsvc and run it to install and test PB service on your system. If using Win7 or Vista dont forget to run as administrator. Reboot after this.

Once this is complete, start bf2 and try joining a online server ( do not use PLAY NOW shortcut its not working right ) If you are able to play standard bf2 , proceed with installing PR mod v0.973

Once that is done right click on your PR shortcut, select compatibility tab and check run as administrator and optional in case of any problems, check run in compatibility mode for -> windows XP SP3. Apply, OK and start. This step is only if you have Vista or Win7.

CATA4TW!
Last edited by MaSSive; 10-21-2011 at 06:31 AM..
Old 10-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

ok thanks I will try that and by the way I am using it for offline Lan play could that be the problem?

edit ok I did all that and it still doesnt work just crashes after start up screen

it works once I start it through BF2 custom games though although I cant play I can get into the menus

would really appreciate if someone can help

trying to show my friends this game so we can all pay but its not working
Last edited by [R-COM]rushn; 10-22-2011 at 12:10 AM..
Old 10-22-2011, 01:06 AM   #9
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushn View Post
ok thanks I will try that and by the way I am using it for offline Lan play could that be the problem?

edit ok I did all that and it still doesnt work just crashes after start up screen

it works once I start it through BF2 custom games though although I cant play I can get into the menus

would really appreciate if someone can help

trying to show my friends this game so we can all pay but its not working

If I'm getting you right you're trying to host a server for lan play? And do you have original BF2 or some of the "scene" releases? In case you don't have original you cant play online and game is only like less than $10..so go ahead and buy it if you haven't.

And NO YOU DO NOT START PR TROUGH BF2 CUSTOM GAMES USE PR SHORTCUT ON DESKTOP!

On a second thought whats your PC specs? Post them here...

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #10
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

yes I have bought the game legally

its downloaded ( this could be an issue although I did extract the unzipped folder during second install) ( during second BF2 install a notepad poped up with errors while it was installing ( I might have to redownload BF2 again)

and the reason I tried the custom Bf2 game thing is because it worked

as for specs

laptop

cpu core I5 second gen

Ram 8GB
windows 7

intel integrated 3000HD ( I am downloading the new driver as we speek came out today i believe)

HD big enough ( I think its 450)

also the omnicide mod doesn not work either unless I use BF2 custom games ( omnicide shortcut says directory not found even though its located in the right place

and omnicide LAN coop doesnt work my friends crash after clicking to join the server ( could be a diffrent problem though)
Last edited by [R-COM]rushn; 10-22-2011 at 09:09 PM..

Tags
intro, loading, quits, screen, start, starts, win7