project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
Acecombatzer0

Question Typhoon Glitch

Description:
I was flying CAS today when I clipped the jet out of the map for 5 seconds, when I turned back around, I was out of the map again.

All of the sudden, my jet had no more control and it climbed to 10,000 feet. I was also at 3,500 mph. (until I slowed down, then I hit 450mph.)

A few minutes later, I fired a couple of rounds from the M61, and they exploded about 12 feet in front of me. So I was certain I hit an invisible wall. I wiggled the joystick, and the jet did not move.

Even though the "Get back to the combat zone" message showed up, when it hit "0" I did not die. I bailed out, and it took me 6 minutes to hit the....water?

Apparently I landed in the "ocean" so I was wayyy out of the map. I think the glitch has to do with the Typhoon's speed, but not for certain.

Steps to Reproduce:
Fly the EF2000 out of the map at L5kp6, turn around, and hit the barrier at g14kp2.

Screenshots / Video:
None at the moment

Tested On:
-=MERK=- AAS Standard July 13th, 2011 7:00 UST
Acecombatzer0 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
Elektro

Default Re: Typhoon Glitch

What was your altitude when you lost control? If you fly at a certain height you gain speed and very easily lose control - at +4500 you won't be able to control your jet. It will just keep climbing and gaining speed. Once you hit a certain height your bombs, missiles and cannon rounds will start to act wierd and exploading at what appears to be close range.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Bob of Mage

I've done this before while fooling about with the planes offline. I think it has something to do with going really far out of bounds. The game is designed to kill you long before you can make it to the edge. However the Typhoon and maybe other jets too, are so fast they leave the kill zone before you start dying. After I bailed from my jet I couldn't get back to the map after 15 minutes of walking. I just gave up and went to do better things with my time.
Bob of Mage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
Redamare
Supporting Member

:L cant say ive done this but theres a couple Quarky little things that happen with air vehicles in BF2 engine . . . .the best is when two objects collide and Spin wildly in mid air without exploding lol its a sort of Dance of 2 Jets then they go on their merry way in differnt directions . . its some weird point on the wings that arnt part of the HITBOX that cause weird things to happen like this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
llRvXll

Thats normal... you can get 10.000 of speed with the tornado as well... btw did anyone posted about the eurofighter being able to takeoff without any runway? You can simply use the hangar to takeoff, you touch the hangar wall and tilt the plane up... like a space ship... u know what i mean? like
llRvXll is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:37 AM   #6
Acecombatzer0

So I assume it has to do with the speed? Do indicators that present speed are in Knots, KPH, or MPH? Same with the altitude, is it meters or feet?
Acecombatzer0 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #7
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

As far as I know, every nation uses feet when it comes to aircrafts, so I'd guess it's feet.
I also believe they use knots.
I guess a DEV has to answer these questions.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
glitch, typhoon