project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #51
Jafreiteris
Default Re: 0957 - Performance drops hard

My shitty opinion wouild be roll back map desigin from 0.95 to pre version. If it couses more problems then why to bother. Sorry if you got offended, but its my pain in the ass when you get fps drop and cannot enjoy gameplay and only suggestion is to get a better rig. Only relief is that many people got big fps drop, and not avaivable to play on older settings before 0.95 Also i want to ask Why Asad Kahal is a running so great?

PS : When i meant older map it was Mutrah before 0.95
Jafreiteris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #52
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafreiteris View Post
My shitty opinion wouild be roll back map desigin from 0.95 to pre version. If it couses more problems then why to bother. Sorry if you got offended, but its my pain in the ass when you get fps drop and cannot enjoy gameplay and only suggestion is to get a better rig. Only relief is that many people got big fps drop, and not avaivable to play on older settings before 0.95 Also i want to ask Why Asad Kahal is a running so great?
Well to me, that roll back suggestion is better than no suggestion

Also by the way, Asad Khal runs terribly on this laptop I have here, much worse than Archer or Ramiel [I'm going through and testing most maps to see which kill the laptop and which it can handle, just for interest's sake].

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 FCV
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #53
Jafreiteris

Asad Kahal runs 70fps-100fps for me :/ Almost like BF2 who's fps is 99 all the time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And also when playing fps drops some times, for example, when i back in the same place fps was 70fps, and later more than 80fps. Laptop heating or something else?
Jafreiteris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #54
Leopardi

This will be fixed with Occlusion Culling.
Leopardi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #55
Doc.Pock

when/if its done. this kind of project can take years leo, you know

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-MOD]Spec: Actually, I did teamkill him last I remember... -on Rhino being a teamkiller.
=Romagnolo=: Becareful, it is addictive. -on me sig quoting.
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #56
Jafreiteris

I have done a little reseach with video settings. Played korengal valley with Medium high and low settings for all, AA and etc. the difrence was i think 5fps The only thing that increses fps more is decreasing view distance, and decreasing lighting to low in some maps. I really whant to know why all other video settings does nothing much of effect to gameplay?

Same standing point. All high, 8x, 100% distance (goes from 4fps ups and downs standing in same, 26 was minimum and 31 was maximum)
One side

Other side

All low, 100 % distance (same fps ups and downs)
Front

Back

What i also notice, that when looking to any (laggy or not) dircetion my cpu usage not changes.

PS : Just noticed there was 1080p movie in vlc player in pause, don't know if that made any difrence .
Last edited by Jafreiteris; 06-29-2011 at 01:20 PM..
Old 06-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #57
Leopardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafreiteris View Post
I have done a little reseach with video settings. Played korengal valley with Medium high and low settings for all, AA and etc. the difrence was i think 5fps The only thing that increses fps more is decreasing view distance, and decreasing lighting to low in some maps. I really whant to know why all other video settings does nothing much of effect to gameplay?

Same standing point. All high, 8x, 100% distance (goes from 4fps ups and downs standing in same, 26 was minimum and 31 was maximum)
One side

Other side

All low, 100 % distance (same fps ups and downs)
Front

Back

What i also notice, that when looking to any (laggy or not) dircetion my cpu usage not changes.

PS : Just noticed there was 1080p movie in vlc player in pause, don't know if that made any difrence .
Its because your CPU processes the things withing the viewdistance, even though you don't see them, because there is no occlusion culling. It's not graphically demanding to render the simple graphics but it brings even a modern CPU to its knees because there is no multicore support.
Leopardi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
0957, drops, hard, performance