project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
22 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
Jaberwo

Default Re: [0957] Crewmen shot out of AAV-7

This happened to me too, lost my driver twice, once to a 30mm MEC cannon on Muttrah and once to a Gary on Faludja, always from the front.

But I thought that the AAV is just so lightly armored that it's a feature, not a bug.
Jaberwo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:16 AM   #12
Hunt3r

The AAV's ability to have the crew die or be injured through penetrating shots should be either modeled for all vehicles, or fixed for the AAV7.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #13
Spartan0189

Send a message via AIM to Spartan0189 Send a message via MSN to Spartan0189

Has happened to me too, Following along the lines of JakCurse.
Just doesn't happen to me as much, but there will be a lucky guy, who gets a lucky shot, which kills me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spartan0189 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #14
Murphy

The other day I was rolling around Muttrah in a BTR and I guess I had shot the driver out 2 times in a row giving chase. My driver tried to get us as close as we can to hinder the MK19 trajectory and when I started unloading on the front armor the AAV7 went engines off. At the time it made no sense as we could clearly see the crew had not bailed, but now I understand what happened.

It's not very tough to reproduce, I did it unintentionally and short of reading this thread chances are I would not have known what had happened. It is kind of cool to have the ability to stop an IFV by shooting out the driver but it kind of defeats the purpose of being "armored".

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:33 AM   #15
WilsonPL

How many LAT hits AAV can handle? Because i destroyed it with one lat rocket [rpg26] to the front. Is it intentional?

WilsonPL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #16
Mora

From what Ive experienced its always the player in the second seat that gets hurt. Every time i get in Kiowa or attack Huey and it gets fired upon i get hurt but not the pilot. This has happed to me couple of times.

-

|
Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #17
Grizzly

Send a message via AIM to Grizzly

Might be intentional because AAV's are becoming very outdated and are being replaced by EFV's eventually. They are known for being poorly armored.
Grizzly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #18
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
Might be intentional because AAV's are becoming very outdated and are being replaced by EFV's eventually. They are known for being poorly armored.
Its most definitely intentional and realistic, but for gameplay, its one of the most retarded changes I've ever seen. If no other vehicles crew/passengers can be killed, the AAV's shouldn't either.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #19
Hunt3r

My guess is that this is probably the result of the fact that the "armor" in PR simply reduces the damage by a certain multiplier, instead of having an all or nothing penetration system with the heavier weapons.

Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
0957, aav, aav7, crewmen, driver, killed, shot