project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
25 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #11
Sidewinder Zulu

Default Re: [0957] Strange lag on some servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper909 View Post
Nice insite chase.

Cmon I know more peaple are getting it as What little time I had online its my understanding everybody is getting it and just craking on reguardless.
Yeah, I definitley have a similar problem to you. I have yet to finish a round in .95

If the DEVs release a patch to fix the CTD problem and such, I hope they investigate this lag people are getting, since it's clearly related to the game, not the connection.
Sidewinder Zulu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #12
Q2M100

The [F|H] server also had this problem while playing on Kokan. Everyone left and we were forced to shut her down. We then went on to the Heroes server and kicked some serious butt. It isn't often that a single person get 49 kills and a mere 4 deaths!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BATTLE US!:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Q2M100 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:31 AM   #13
Trooper909

Im bumping this as Iv asked on every server if peaple are lagging and everyone says yes but dont post in these lag threads.game is unplayable but servers are still full as thay play with this lag the crazy peaple.

Not seen any evidence the devs even know about it on these forums I mean thay must be getting it.Or not? a responce would be nice.

in hoc signo vinces
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #14
Furst

Send a message via MSN to Furst Send a message via Skype™ to Furst

ive recognized it heavily once on Kokan. it was a super short "there is a problem with your connection" notification and many many really mini lags in the following 10 minutes for like 50 other people of 64.

Need
Aid?
Furst is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #15
TeRR0R
Supporting Member

When we had rubberband lags on the TBA server, i just restarted the server and then it was fixed for quite some time.

Xfire: tbaterr0r Ingame: =TBA= .TeRR0R.[GER]
TeRR0R is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #16
achillez

I'm experiencing lag as well. It seems to only be on some servers. TG has no problem, better other servers such as the 24hr Kohan server lags all the time. This is the first time I've experienced this type of lag on these servers. If it's deteriorating over time I wonder if there is some sort of memory leak, or issue with closing sockets over time. The game is still sorta playable with the rubber banding (which happens every 5-10secs), but very annoying.
achillez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #17
Noobinator

It's happened to me a couple of times.

Now I don't know this for a fact, but it looks to me as if draw distance has been increased again (can anyone confirm?).
If this is true there will be greater strain on server hardware, and some prob just aren't up to the task.
Noobinator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:52 PM   #18
Killer2354

well you can't always blame the server because i get no "rubber banding" or any other connection problem
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:44 AM   #19
B2k43

Pretty sure I might be having the same problem. Heres my thread I just posted:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...g-problem.html

I know it's kind of a detailed discription, but see if I'm having the same problem as you; and I also agree that I never had this problem until version 0.95 came out. Hopefully it's just a bug and a patch is on the way...

Need more ammo and mags...

ARFCOM callsign: FIREBALL
B2k43 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #20
Noobinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer2354 View Post
well you can't always blame the server because i get no "rubber banding" or any other connection problem
I'm not - that's why I said "some".

But if I play the same map on 3 different servers, and server with the lowest ping has most lag, then imho it's a server-side issue.
Noobinator is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
0957, lag, servers, strange