project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Total_Overkill
Default [0957]Chat Bug

Server; Hardcore Insurgency
Map; Al Basrah

Now, i know about the lack of ability to chat between the team and the enemy that was newly instituted... but it seems to have caused an odd bug.
Instead of being allowed to chat once the round begins, everyone (both teams, and even players that joined later in the match) was muted for the duration of the entire round. Global, Team, and Squad chat we were all "blocked for 6 seconds" , but the 6 seconds never expired. Commo-rose functions were also some what disabled, you couldnt place mine markers as the 6 sec block warning comes up, couldnt mark targets, mortar teams couldnt get fire missions, etc etc
(Brits did manage to build 1 fob during the whole match, apperantly through spamming the build function, as i understand it)

We let the map play itself out, and good news is (unlike the squad bug) it does NOT carry over to the next map, everyone was free to talk at the start of the next round. Havent the slightest clue how to reproduce this bug as of yet, but it is quite debilitating for both teams.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
{E-Z}Jack

Default re: [0957]Chat Bug

just experienced this too on fallujah, timer went from 6 to 5 to 3 then back to 6. went away as round started.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
goguapsy

Default Re: [0957]Chat Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by {E-Z}Jack View Post
just experienced this too on fallujah, timer went from 6 to 5 to 3 then back to 6. went away as round started.
The no-chat before round starts is intentional, but what happened to the OP is that this "feature" apparently remained even after the round started.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[/CENTER]
Old 10-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
[R-DEV]dbzao
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

It shouldn't have continued after round start, but I would say it was a one off.

"There's always one more bug." - Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology
Old 10-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #5
{E-Z}Jack

seems to be lots of these "one offs" in the new patch.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
[R-DEV]dbzao
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

You work on a 4 GB game with thousands of kits, weapons and vehicles, and tell me if you don't get some one offs.

"There's always one more bug." - Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology
Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #7
Serbiak

No worries dbzao I can tell you the majority of the community appreciates your hard work. There are only a few guys that apparently did not play much in the past which do not understand your efford and seem to confuse bug reports to improve the game with a complaint.
Imo it is part of the whole game that the community helps to find any potential bugs and helps you guys in that way to solve those problems. It is just alot more efficent when we players try everything out .
Keep up the nice work.

"Remember, your penis size is proportional to your post count...or was it inversely proportional...I can't remember"
- [R-CON]Rudd -
Old 10-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #8
{E-Z}Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbiak View Post
No worries dbzao I can tell you the majority of the community appreciates your hard work. There are only a few guys that apparently did not play much in the past which do not understand your efford and seem to confuse bug reports to improve the game with a complaint.
Imo it is part of the whole game that the community helps to find any potential bugs and helps you guys in that way to solve those problems. It is just alot more efficent when we players try everything out .
Keep up the nice work.
just seems like they dropped the ball on the testing portion of this patch
seen ten fold the amount of obvious out-rite problems that appeared in the game this patch as oppose to others for no rhyme or reason whats so ever.

oh and if you DM mods want to send me another infraction for stating that as a response go ahead..

User infracted for insulting PR team. Our testers worked damn hard, don't disrespect them - BloodBane

Last edited by BloodBane611; 10-18-2010 at 01:09 PM..
Old 10-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #9
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by {E-Z}Jack View Post
just seems like they dropped the ball on the testing portion of this patch
seen ten fold the amount of obvious out-rite problems that appeared in the game this patch as oppose to others for no rhyme or reason whats so ever.

oh and if you DM mods want to send me another infraction for stating that as a response go ahead..

I've been seeing this too. We're all thankful for everything that the dev team has done for us. We just need more beta tests on patches is all. TBH I think we all would have been able to wait a few more days in order for tests to be done.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:16 AM   #10
nater
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
I've been seeing this too. We're all thankful for everything that the dev team has done for us. We just need more beta tests on patches is all. TBH I think we all would have been able to wait a few more days in order for tests to be done.
I hope you guys realize that .95 is below 1.0 and it's not a final version, expect bugs...I also hope you guys realize that the longer they beta test, the longer we wait. .957 means they went through 7 revisions (I think) before they released this patch to us, I'm much happier with a few bugs and all the new features than waiting even longer.
Closed Thread

Tags
0957chat, bug, chat