project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
01 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
DeltaCommando

Default [0909] Misc

Hello. There are things I'll be showing here that are not bugs exactly, but there is a bug too:

1. Bug in Canada's APC: the back of it will look empty, even if you have a lot of players (in the screenshot, there were 8 players inside the APC and the back looked empty).

2. A lot of the skins (mostly weapons) have random green/pink spots, I guess that happens due to the quality the skin has been saved.

3. In the new AK-47 you added details at the top of the receiver (those lines). These lines should be in AK-74 and AK-74M too.

Thanks!
DeltaCommando is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
ReadMenace

Default Re: [0909] Misc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaCommando View Post

3. In the new AK-47 you added details at the top of the receiver (those lines). These lines should be in AK-74 and AK-74M too.

Technically -- an AK47 should not have those reinforcement marks, as it used a heavier top cover -- the only way to explain them is that the Taliban/Insurgent/Militia user lost his original top cover and used an AKM top cover instead. Furthermore, your reference picture is of an unknown make, civilian model, AK74 clone. Note, not an AK74M, as it does not have the proper folding stock & mechanism.

This Russian soldier is holding an AK74m, (Your argument is invalid.)

Even the older AKS74 used a smooth top cover.

-REad

ETA; Additionally, the rifle in your picture has a 14x1 LH threaded barrel as opposed to the 24.5 or 22x1 that is used on Bulgarian/Russian AK74s.
ReadMenace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
DeltaCommando

Hmmm. Now that's interesting. You seem to be a person that knows a lot about AKs (maybe other guns), so I have a question:
If you look in AK-74's Wikipedia article, you'll see AK-74s with smooth covers and covers with reinforcement marks. Are the covers with reinforcement marks necessarily from AKM, or is it a version for the 74?
I just think it looks better, but if it's not realistic... well.

The pictures are from Wikipedia's AK-74 article.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Arnoldio
Banned

The bad texture spots are on m249 too, thats the worst one...
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
ReadMenace

The top covers are interchangeable between all full-sized AKs (stamped & milled) New manufacture AKs from Izhmash have smooth top covers -- it looks like the older AK74s did have a variety of top cover designs, ranging from grooved, lightly grooved and smooth. That said, the AK74M in-game should keep its smooth top cover.

-REad
ReadMenace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

the other points
1st, already reported i believe, thx anyway
2nd, not much we can do about it, without new textures and or UVs i'm afraid, but i'm not and texturer, so might be wrong

about AKs variations
i'm no expert, so take it with a grain of salt
you can meet both hardened and flat covers, the reason ingame we have flat is that AK-74M produced in this way and it simply more common(from my pov at least)

the bunch of AKs i held few years ago all had flat covers, though these are "training" ones, the only difference is in barrel, you simply cant shoot from it, everything else is from original

few pics for eye joy ontopic, various units, places and time, most are flat, but some are hardened(2 or 3)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
DeltaCommando

Oh, I see. Thank you!

By the way, IF the spots are caused by lower quality saving, the only way to fix them would be by recovering the original PSDs and save them in a higher quality, but I don't know (never used .dds for anything), that might make them bigger files or you might not be able to recover all, you would need to see if the skinners still have them.

Cool pictures btw!

Tags
0909, misc