project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #21
manligheten
Default Re: Penalties - do they work at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post
  • All player points to 0
  • Minus 100 intel points for the Coalition force OR Discovered cache relocates
  • Player killed with 300 second spawn time
That's just silly. It is hard to get int points as it is. Using collaborators as human shield would be a extremely good tactic with those penalties.

The main problem is that you can't tell a collaborator from a militia at range. Of course, the "give up animation" is a big improvement.

I almost always shoot collaborators at sight - hoping they have used the medpack - and always when blufor have 2 known caches. As thread starter postulates, penalties seems broken, making it even less appealing not to shoot.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #22
clueless_noob

Please, PLEASE take your Rules of Engagement suggestions & comments to the suggestions subforum!!! FFS!!! This thread is about technical issues/flaws/misconfigurations in the implementation of current ROE violations penalty system, not the ROE per se. This thread should be purely tech talk and not politics. Capisce?
Last edited by clueless_noob; 01-20-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Old 01-26-2010, 01:11 AM   #23
Celestial1

Problem is that even if the system does currently work, there are a hundred players wasting civis left and right for every 10 that don't shoot civis ever.

I don't think the penalties are currently 'working' (in the sense that they are doing something to reprimand a player), as I have seen many a civilian be killed just before a cache appears (on both sides).
Old 01-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #24
Mantak08

um..... you guys realise that you have to have not broken the Civi rules in the last 2 Minuets AND you have to have your hands up for the penalty to work. as soon as you put your hands down, your 7 free tickets.
(7 for killing a Civi whos not under protection: 10 for arresting him)
it works for me when i do it. its just that most people are to impatient to wait 2 minuets.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #25
Celestial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantak08 View Post
um..... you guys realise that you have to have not broken the Civi rules in the last 2 Minuets AND you have to have your hands up for the penalty to work. as soon as you put your hands down, your 7 free tickets.
it works for me when i do it. its just that most people are to impatient to wait 2 minuets.
Though I've never heard that, I think it seems to kind of defeat the purpose from the civilian's perspective.

Civi with it's hands up is 'invulnerable', but can still be arrested by means of shotgun/cuffs... civi can't run with hands up, so cuffing is easy... As soon as civi puts hands down (to run away, you would need to put hands down), gets shot instantly.

With the new .9 updates it seems like it would make more sense, though, since the 'running away' option would have less impact on spawn times making it desirable to sort of bait them with hands up, then hands down and run to safety (ie nearest fellow insurgents). Still doesn't prevent them from immediately shooting you after, though.

I'll have to play a bit with this in mind (especially in 0.9) and see if I think the penalties/system overall works out properly.

However, I certainly have been shot with my hands up and not having broken civi rules multiple times.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:16 AM   #26
clueless_noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantak08 View Post
AND you have to have your hands up for the penalty to work. as soon as you put your hands down, your 7 free tickets.
Wrong. Hands up is only visual clue, there is no game logic what so ever linked to it. You can wave your hands up and down as much as you will and it won't have any effect on penalty conditions. Also, killing or arresting a civilian counts in team's intel points only. Ticket lost/gain was removed somewhere around PR 0.75-0.8.

Edit:
Fair game timer is one minute, not two minutes.
Last edited by clueless_noob; 01-27-2010 at 03:26 AM..
Old 01-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #27
Lan

How many threads have their been on this subject? The majority of people think the penalty isnt harsh enough which imo it isnt anywhere near but i dont think anything has changed for 0.9 althoug i could be wrong. They should lose tickets and the ability to play for 3-4 minutes if you ask me.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #28
clueless_noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan View Post
How many threads have their been on this subject? The majority of people think the penalty isnt harsh enough which imo it isnt anywhere near but i dont think anything has changed for 0.9 althoug i could be wrong. They should lose tickets and the ability to play for 3-4 minutes if you ask me.
Please read the thread or at least a few previous posts before replying off-topic.
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26-...ml#post1238494
Old 01-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #29
Lan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
Please read the thread or at least a few previous posts before replying off-topic.
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26-...ml#post1238494
Firstly please stop thinking you're a mod because really i should ignore your stupid and pointless post. Secondly i know exactly what the thread is about now i suggest you learn to read this page and the page before it as people took it off topic and about the punishments so i replied.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #30
Celestial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan View Post
Firstly please stop thinking you're a mod because really i should ignore your stupid and pointless post. Secondly i know exactly what the thread is about now i suggest you learn to read this page and the page before it as people took it off topic and about the punishments so i replied.
He's acting like a mod so a mod doesn't have to come in here and shut the thread down.

So basically, he's doing us all a favor (you don't get infractions for useless/unhelpful post content, thread doesn't get closed and he gets an answer...).

That aside, the thread is about whether the penalties currently in game are actually taking effect.
Not whether they're appropriate penalties.
Not whether they should be more harsh.
Do they do something when the ROE rules are broken by a player.

If Mantak can provide a source on where he got this hands up thing it would be greatly appreciated, because it seems plausible that it be in effect, just not widely known. Otherwise, we can assume until we get that info that the penalties should apply after a civilian has not broken ROE rules within the past minute.
Closed Thread

Tags
penalties, work