project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
03 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
Oak

Default [0874] Training Mode - cannot operate some vehicle positions

Description
In Training Mode, some of the vehicles support drving them without the proper kit, and some don't; some of the vehicle gunner positions support manning them without a driver, and some don't.

This is inconsistent - either follow regular restrictions or remove them for all vehicles. Obviously it would be better to remove the restrictions, because right now one cannot easily experiment with some of the gunner positions.

Tested on
Kashan training map on local server.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
[R-MOD]BabylonCome
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: [0874] Training Mode - cannot operate some vehicle positions

If a vehicle is normally on this map, then you need the right kit to use it. If it's a 'guest' vehicle then any kit will use it. This goes for jets, choppers, tanks - everything.....

But to be honest, I don't see the problem....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rusty In Places -
Old 12-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
HeXeY

As US Army, you'll need crewman kit or pilot kit for all US Army vehicles, but not USMC, MEC, PLA or any other faction vehicles, I believe it was done this way to save some work as it's not such a big deal. (Don't quote me on the last bit there though )

Old 12-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
=Toasted=

Not a bug, as stated above the guest vehicles are not coded to need the proper kit or something.

Plus, training mode is apperentally going to be changed to CO-OP in v9 anyway, or something...

Bob_Marley - "This is an outrage! If we're going to spend money on black projects they should be much more amusing and/or explosive than this."

PR In-Game Alias: =Epic-Toast=
Old 12-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
Oak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabylonCome View Post
If a vehicle is normally on this map, then you need the right kit to use it. If it's a 'guest' vehicle then any kit will use it. This goes for jets, choppers, tanks - everything.....

But to be honest, I don't see the problem....
The problem is less with the kit requirement and more with the driver requirement. For example, I've never gunned for the BMP-3, a vehicle with some unique armament, but I couldn't test it in any way short of doing it in a real server, something I want to avoid.

Same goes for some other vehicles I've never used before for which I wanted to try the guns, but couldn't for lack of driver.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
The problem is less with the kit requirement and more with the driver requirement. For example, I've never gunned for the BMP-3, a vehicle with some unique armament, but I couldn't test it in any way short of doing it in a real server, something I want to avoid.

Same goes for some other vehicles I've never used before for which I wanted to try the guns, but couldn't for lack of driver.
It might take some time, but ask for someone to be your driver. I find the people who mess around in training servers (but who don't really need training anymore) are happy to help out a person who actually wants to learn.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
[R-MOD]BabylonCome
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

This is a problem I have discussed on the current training mode - it's not open enough to try things out - it's still got some of the restrictions of the normal mode, great if you got a few mates to practice with you but not good to try things out and not worry about fluffin' it up in front of someone....

Rusty In Places -
Closed Thread

Tags
0874, mode, operate, positions, training, vehicle