project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 06:34 AM   #1
badmojo420
Supporting Member
Default APC causing weird lag spikes

This has only happened to me on Fallujah since .85 I think it happens when i'm either driving or gunning an apc, but i can say 100% i was driving the last time it happened. The whole game randomly gets real slow, not like a low framerate, but everything, audio, voip, video, controls, its almost like it lags my whole computer, or at least bf2. The crazy thing is it instantly goes away if i jump out, or jump to a passenger seat in the APC. And it doesn't last forever, the last time i had it happen we were parked in front of the mosque, so i just kept moving, switching seats, and getting out, trying to get it back to normal and finally it worked fine again. Only took a minute or so of playing around. Other times i've had to get out and let someone else take over, because it lags so bad i can't even drive the APC out of the main.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
Arrow1992
Send a message via MSN to Arrow1992
Default Re: APC causing weird lag spikes

Yeah, I have the same problems: when youre the driver the FPS goes to about 5-7 for me, when I'm in gunner position the FPS drops to 13-15, pretty annoying, especially when your team really needs you to place coveringfire somewhere

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
Kruder

This thing happens to me when i look to an APC with binoculars,or even the general direction of APC with binocs...
Old 02-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I'm not sure my FPS drops at all. It seems more like the whole game is lagging. I'll try to keep fraps running from now on so i can take a video of it when it happens again, and check what FPS.

I do not think this is the same bug as the other topic about the Russian btr lagging people out who even see the APC. Nobody else mentioned it happeneing for one. And it instantly stops when i get out of the APC.
Closed Thread

Tags
apc, causing, lag, spikes, weird