project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
[R-CON]Snares
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default Vanilla BF2 Bug

I usually play PR if I play BF2 at all, but I and my friends decided to play a few rounds of Vanilla just to get some points we need to rank up. I could not join any server because I got the message saying "unmodified content, revert your copy of BF2 to the original, etc, etc." One of my friends said "I have the same problem just start PR, log in, log out, then close the game and it will fix the problem." I of course thought he decided to play a practical joke on me. I was wrong. I did just that and I didn't get the unmodified content error. I'm not sure why this happens and if it's exactly a bug per say (or if anyone else has already found out how to fix this), but if anyone ever has this problem logging in and logging out seems to do the trick!
Old 01-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast
Default Re: Vanilla BF2 Bug

It's because of PR's custom shaders (suppression effects, bleeding effects, etc.).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
waldo_ii

PR uses it's own executable, if you haven't noticed. Thats why you have to use the shortcut created when you install PR. It launches from PR.exe, which will launch BF2.exe in some funky way to also incorporate PR's custom shaders. Now, when you exit PR normally, though the "Log Out" button, PR.exe will revert the modified shader files back to the original, like nothing ever happened. When you force quit PR, such as Alt+F4 or from the Task Manager, PR.exe doesn't get the chance to fix everything that it "messed up". Then when you play another mod, Punkbuster will be like "whoa, wtf? Modified shaders? Illegal. I shall kick you."

Devs, feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

|TGXV| Waldo_II

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
[R-CON]Snares
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_ii View Post
PR uses it's own executable, if you haven't noticed. Thats why you have to use the shortcut created when you install PR. It launches from PR.exe, which will launch BF2.exe in some funky way to also incorporate PR's custom shaders. Now, when you exit PR normally, though the "Log Out" button, PR.exe will revert the modified shader files back to the original, like nothing ever happened. When you force quit PR, such as Alt+F4 or from the Task Manager, PR.exe doesn't get the chance to fix everything that it "messed up". Then when you play another mod, Punkbuster will be like "whoa, wtf? Modified shaders? Illegal. I shall kick you."

Devs, feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.
Aha! That's interesting. The weird thing is I can Alt+F4 it and still load into a normal BF2 server most of the time.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Vege

vanilla servers dont check for shaders.

BF universe: Jorma[fIIn], Tahanmikaansovi, Vge, Lou Bang, Marjapiirakka
Old 01-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
HeXeY

I've hade the same problem.
I fixed it 5 min ago by just changing "View Distance", that made BF2 fix the shaders by itself

Old 01-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Deadfast

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

Aye, sometimes you need to delete the shader cache in My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

Changing the graphic settings will force the shaders to update as well.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
PlaynCool

I have that when i try to join a night server on Special Ops(exp. for bf2) and i cant fix it that way?Help?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Deadfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfast View Post
delete the shader cache in My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2
Tried that?

Old 01-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #10
PlaynCool

There is no such folder in there...
Closed Thread

Tags
bf2, bug, vanilla