project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
MagoIS5
Default Saitek X-45 Joystick and Throttle

I have successfully used the X-45 in BF2, however in PR i can not control the aircraft or Helocopter at all using my hoystick and throttle, also the throttle will not power up past 20%.
Are there any known bugs or fixes for this problem, I love to fly in game, however i have not due to losing critical assets when attempting.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I have a x52 and have no probs, check your control settings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
Nickbond592
Retired PR Developer

ditto with the x52 and no probs...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smeg: Fuzz commands a lot and promotes good teamwork, db flips vehicles, Bosco is an all-round nub, Outlawz is an SP whore, Nickbond is a friggin ninja and Rhino gets kicked for being a n00b.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
=HR=Drayu

Send a message via Yahoo to =HR=Drayu

go into your control panel for the x45 and check to see that all buttons and axis are reporting correctly. Also, there are new drivers and software available on the saitek website:

Saitek the home of PC Gaming, PC Peripherals, PC Audio and Chess & Games
Old 05-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
DarthDisco

Default Re: Saitek X-45 Joystick and Throttle

I realise this is an older thread now but I would like to revive it. I also have a Saitek X45 and I have a problem getting it setup for BF2 / PR. I have the latest drivers installed (Vista 64) and the calibration reports back that all controls are functioning normally. When I go into the BF2 / PR control section and try to program Aircraft controls I am able to program any of the joystick's buttons and toggles without problem. However, when I try to program the throttle, X or Y axes of the joystick, no input is detected by BF2 / PR and no control is entered. I have been canvassing the web to find a solution to this problem but so far I have had no luck.

Judging by the fact that the joystick calibrates without problem and will work with other applications, I have to conclude that the problem must be between the driver and BF2. Right now I am trying to find a backdoor solution by manually programming the commands into the controls.txt file. However, I could speed this process up with the aid of someone else.

If you have a Saitek X45 and you have been able to set up your Joystick in BF2 / PR, could you please post a copy of your controls.txt file?

To find the file, go into your Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles folder and open the numbered folder that contains your account (if you have numerous accounts on your computer you can check the names of each account by opening the file "Profile.txt" that is inside each numbered folder.) Inside the numbered folder will be a file called "Controls.txt" Please post a copy of this file.

If you cannot post the entire file, I would appreciate it if you could copy and paste the section of the file which deals with Air Controls. To find this, open the file and copy the entire paragraph which follows this line.

ControlMap.create AirPlayerInputControlMap

Thanks alot,

DJ

|TG-XV| DiscoJedi

How's my flying? Call 1-800-FLY-JEDI
Old 05-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #6
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

Just like the rest of the guys, i have the x52 and no prob....

Old 05-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
=XIII=Helix

I HAD an X45 and it worked perfectly - with some versions it is possible to recalibrate it, but it does involve going through the registry.
Closed Thread

Tags
joystick, saitek, throttle, x45