project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 04:15 AM   #1
BlackFallout
Exclamation PR freezes computer

Ok for the past month or so PR has started freezing. I think it started just before the 0.613 patch. I'll try to keep it short and simple with the most information.

PR Freezes my computer completely, I have to press the reset switch to reboot. In my experience with the freezing it can happen anywhere from 15mins into a game to 1 hour 30mins into a game. I have reinstalled BF2 and PR three times and It still freezes. I have Redownloaded PR twice from 2 differant sites, and I made sure it was 1800mb and that it was full client vers.613.

My computer specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2ghz (Duelcore)
2GB PC3200 RAM
POWERCOLOR X1950XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E x16
Enermax 550w PSU

Also: My OS is Windows XP SP2

My processor and Video card are both Water Cooled, my temps are 42C load 32C idle. I can play Crysis on medium/high settings with no problems and I can play all my other games without problems aswell.

I thought it might have been a driver issue and I have reinstalled both my Video and sound drivers with no luck.

its 1:00am here and im tired, let me know if I missed anything.

Oh, and thanks for any help in solving this issue.
Last edited by BlackFallout; 10-31-2007 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 10-31-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
supahpingi

Are u sure it is PR and not an error in windows or something?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #3
*spacecadett*

blackfallout, your not the only one having these issues. my computer has been freezing in the same way you discribed, i have to reboot and everything stops working.

my specs:
amd 64 3000+
2 gig of ram
nvidia 7600gt agp w
xp home sp1
nexus 400w powersupply

this has been accuring to me since .5 im runing everything on low graphix wise.
the comp. freezing only happens while playing PR to me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
maz.uk
Supporting Member

yep had the same prob a couple of times now just froze ,had to switch pc off ctrl+alt+del did nothing just locked up solid, even left pc for an hour but still the same had to switch off

Old 10-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #5
wildchild626
Send a message via AIM to wildchild626

frezes mine too
Old 10-31-2007, 09:52 PM   #6
LeggyStarlitz

Just Happened to me.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #7
BlackFallout

Exactly! thanks for the replys, I wasnt sure if I was the only one. I have no clue as how to fix this issue ether and I have had to stop playing PR altogether because of it. I hope the devs will be able to fix this issue as I REALLy enjoy playing PR.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #8
wood702

Guys I had the exact same problem and I fixed it. CLEAN YOU REGISTRY!! DL CCleaner use it everytime befor you play. look at my post that says thanks for the help. You need to change your virtual memory settings also. Im telling you these two things are your answer.!!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #9
BlackFallout

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood702 View Post
Guys I had the exact same problem and I fixed it. CLEAN YOU REGISTRY!! DL CCleaner use it everytime befor you play. look at my post that says thanks for the help. You need to change your virtual memory settings also. Im telling you these two things are your answer.!!!!!
Ok, thanks man I appreciate your help I will try cleaning my registry, but what virtual memory settings should I change?

well I just used CCleaner to clean my registry and now BF2&PR don't even start they just go to a black screen and then go back to desktop.
Last edited by JS.Fortnight.A; 11-04-2007 at 04:16 PM..
Old 11-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
wood702

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFallout View Post
well I just used CCleaner to clean my registry and now BF2&PR don't even start they just go to a black screen and then go back to desktop.
that doesnt make any sense one has nothing to do with the other.By cleaning your registry all you did is free up your memory. Does not have anything to do with how the game loads..
Closed Thread

Tags
computer, freezes