project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 04:09 AM   #1
themange
Default Crash to Desktop on loading.

I've seen a few posts in reference to this. From all descriptions people are having the same problem I am, but I have found no viable sollution. I still crash to desktop the moment the "join game" button pops up. Every time. I've tried fiddling with all the resolution settings as directed, but to no avail.

PLEASE HELP?

[cry]
Old 08-18-2007, 05:37 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

do you have BF2 v1.41?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:13 AM   #3
NickO

Send a message via MSN to NickO

Are you playing the BETA version or 1.5?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:17 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickO View Post
Are you playing the BETA version or 1.5?
1.5? there is no such thing with BF2 or PR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:20 AM   #5
NickO

Send a message via MSN to NickO

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
1.5? there is no such thing with BF2 or PR
*0.5 :O

Guess my years of playing CS 1.5 are showing. xD
Old 08-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #6
themange

I am running all the current versions, I have NO problem playing BF2 or any of the outside mods. From what I have read these "update your versions!" "change your resolution!" "update your drivers!" and even the [DEV]'s "It's really quite simple." Sollution did not work for me, or the person he suggested it to.

So...Anything outside of the box here, or should I just wait for the next release and hope they fix it?
Old 08-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

have you attempted to run PR in window mode and see if you get a error when it crashes?

change fullscreen 1 to fullscreen 0 in your shortcut propities to run it in window mode

Old 08-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #8
themange

I was unable to capture an error message. Although I have started crashing before the join button even appears in windowed mode.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #9
Tweaky

Send a message via AIM to Tweaky Send a message via MSN to Tweaky Send a message via Skype™ to Tweaky

This may sound strange but I have a funky solution to preventing the game from crashing.... at least it works for me.

Normally after I double-click a host or click join server, I would leave the mouse steady and just let it load. It doesn't take long for me, but I noticed about 90% of the time that if I left the mouse in the same position as if my pc was sleeping, the game would crash before the join game button appears (or just as it appears). Now, as it loads all I do is move my mouse around and it loads fine. I can reproduce this strange bug every time if I choose not to move the mouse across the screen a bit. So upon loading, I just move the mouse a bit, and all is fine.

Just a strange thing I have had to do in BF2 for a long time. Dunno what the explanation for it is, sounds funny I know.... but it works for me. It is as if you cannot leave the loading in a 'sleep' state or something, lol.

Nvidia 8800 GTS /w Forceware 158.22

Old 08-19-2007, 10:43 PM   #10
[R-DEV]dbzao
Supporting Member

How much RAM memory do you have?
Closed Thread

Tags
crash, desktop, loading