project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #21
Deflex

Default Gosh dang these game crashes!

Ok peoples I have a similar problem you guys can help me with...

And since I have no clue what defragging means and all that mabye IF that is the solution then try to explain it in English...

So I downloaded the SP/COOP maps from this site:
http://drive.123-reg.co.uk/12228353 (which is the only place to get the SP maps anyway) So here's the story...

Singleplayer works fine... in face it's great! But when I try to start a Coop server with bots the game crashes... I have two computers at home which both have Vanilla BF2 installed on the latest patch which is 1.41 and both have PR v0.6(9) so I was trying to play with a friend together against bots using the lan server connection but yeah, like I said, it crashes!!! I'm sick of it

I love this mod and I just can't get to play it in any way, shape, or form!! Tell me what to do and if you can explain it in little steps that would help a lot!

By the way BF2 Vanilla works fine on my machine and I never have any problems...

Okay, Another thing is that no servers are showing up and I have the internet filters down to the following: same version, same mod, punkbuster, small/medium/and large maps, and thats it! The ranked box is unchecked and I've also tried unchecking punkbuster and same version/mod... I've tried so many combinations it seems that there is no hope...

Also I changed the box at the top right of the screen from "conquest" to "all" so I can join any server running any type of game/map! STILL NOTHING!!! I've been dealing with this problem for months because I've had PR since it came out! The link I downloaded it from was this website at http://www.realitymod.com/filelinks.html and since I live in the U.S. I downloaded it from one of the U.S. links and yes I did get the client version because I checked the size and it was huge... like several gigs I think...

In case any of you got it from one of the links that has the U.S. flag on it like I did and have this problem tell me! Mabye I just need to redownload it from another link... Or use Modjive which I do have...

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny.

COPY BUNNY INTO YOUR SIGNATURE TO HELP HIM CONTINUE HIS QUEST TOWARD WORLD DOMINATION!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #22
Deflex

And one more thing... In case you haven't noticed my threads are posetd everywhere on this site because some people don't bother looking at all of them so I figured that is the best way to get as much help as possible... I'm crying right now!

*I WANT MY PROJECT REALITY* sniffle sniffle...

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny.

COPY BUNNY INTO YOUR SIGNATURE TO HELP HIM CONTINUE HIS QUEST TOWARD WORLD DOMINATION!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:54 PM   #23
.Intense

Have you recently changed the settings in your .con files to "force" the game to run in a specific resolution or on ultra high detail?

BF2 Engine only supports 4xAA so if you have the ATI Control panel forcing 6 or 8x AA, then the game will crash when you login to your account. Could you paste the settings you have in the "Video.con" file located C:\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default as well as the account you use. The top account is the lowest number, So on my account, TA-Intense is above Digital_XTC so the TA-Intense Video settings are stored in the "0001" folder and Digital_XTC's settings are saved in the "0002" folder.

Please be sure your setting for antialiasing is not set above "4samples" and the resolution is NOT widescreen (1280 x 1024 is the max I believe)

Please respond... Thanks
Old 09-05-2007, 10:55 PM   #24
.Intense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deflex View Post
Ok peoples I have a similar problem you guys can help me with...

And since I have no clue what defragging means and all that mabye IF that is the solution then try to explain it in English...

So I downloaded the SP/COOP maps from this site:
http://drive.123-reg.co.uk/12228353 (which is the only place to get the SP maps anyway) So here's the story...

Singleplayer works fine... in face it's great! But when I try to start a Coop server with bots the game crashes... I have two computers at home which both have Vanilla BF2 installed on the latest patch which is 1.41 and both have PR v0.6(9) so I was trying to play with a friend together against bots using the lan server connection but yeah, like I said, it crashes!!! I'm sick of it

I love this mod and I just can't get to play it in any way, shape, or form!! Tell me what to do and if you can explain it in little steps that would help a lot!

By the way BF2 Vanilla works fine on my machine and I never have any problems...

Okay, Another thing is that no servers are showing up and I have the internet filters down to the following: same version, same mod, punkbuster, small/medium/and large maps, and thats it! The ranked box is unchecked and I've also tried unchecking punkbuster and same version/mod... I've tried so many combinations it seems that there is no hope...

Also I changed the box at the top right of the screen from "conquest" to "all" so I can join any server running any type of game/map! STILL NOTHING!!! I've been dealing with this problem for months because I've had PR since it came out! The link I downloaded it from was this website at http://www.realitymod.com/filelinks.html and since I live in the U.S. I downloaded it from one of the U.S. links and yes I did get the client version because I checked the size and it was huge... like several gigs I think...

In case any of you got it from one of the links that has the U.S. flag on it like I did and have this problem tell me! Mabye I just need to redownload it from another link... Or use Modjive which I do have...
If you use ZoneAlarm anti-virus you have to put the program into game mode that will allow all incoming and outgoing connections without closing the game out or setting it up before you start. Also be sure your router supports lan traffic via DMZ Port Forwarding. Thanks
Old 09-06-2007, 05:57 PM   #25
Deflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Intense View Post
Have you recently changed the settings in your .con files to "force" the game to run in a specific resolution or on ultra high detail?

BF2 Engine only supports 4xAA so if you have the ATI Control panel forcing 6 or 8x AA, then the game will crash when you login to your account. Could you paste the settings you have in the "Video.con" file located C:\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default as well as the account you use. The top account is the lowest number, So on my account, TA-Intense is above Digital_XTC so the TA-Intense Video settings are stored in the "0001" folder and Digital_XTC's settings are saved in the "0002" folder.

Please be sure your setting for antialiasing is not set above "4samples" and the resolution is NOT widescreen (1280 x 1024 is the max I believe)

Please respond... Thanks
Hey Intense! Thanks for your concern but I'm pretty sure I got it all under control now... All I had to do was download a little file called Coop Python Fix and PRESTO! PR should have no more crashing problems PERIOD! I haven't tested it yet but I believe it should work because Outlaw told me so and I believe every word he says...

Just to answer your question above... No I wouldn't even think about changing any setting in my .con files for my bf2 that would alter anything ingame and whatnot unless I really knew what I was doing and I'm not sure if I am ready to mess with that because I'd probably screw it up. Just getting PR to work had me going insane...

Thanks again...

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny.

Closed Thread

Tags
crash, desktop, loading