project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
Meester
Default Clear Shots Are Not Always Clear Shots With Handheld Anti-tank Weaponry

Im speaking of firing an RPG from a rooftop with a clear shot of a Humvee and blowing myself up when the rocket hits the building even though it shouldn't have

I suppose a few people have had this problem and this I reckon is the right place to post of it.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
DeePsix
Supporting Member

I have noticed that. Like the camera of the RPG site is not actually in line of where it should be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.
[R-DEV]LeadMagnet: I guess that's what you get when an Irishman drinks light beer.....bad advice.
[R-DEV]dbzao:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Always stand up when firing an RPG - saves lives
Also, dont shoot from the inside of buildings, you will most likely kill yourself.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
Skullening.Chris
Supporting Member

And never try to fire over railings while crouched. It'll seem like the perfect shot but it'll just blow up in your face
Old 08-11-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
youm0nt

Happened to me last night on Basrah, our squad took cover in one of the houses (the one with arches, stairs leads to one room and has rooftop). Anyway, the squad leader and I both have RPGs and my SL is up on the roof, I'm on the bottom floor. We then see an APC rolling up the streets making a turn, I have my RPG and I'm crouched right behind one of the windows, I fire my RPG and it kills me instead. Then my SL, I think, fired at the APC but the APC returned fire and killed him. Then when I died, the "kill cam" showed another APC was following the first one we saw. I was so mad... I had a clear shot at the first APC's sides... Stupid window sill...

(o,o)
|)__)

-"-"-
O RLY?
Old 08-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #6
Meester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullening.Chris View Post
And never try to fire over railings while crouched. It'll seem like the perfect shot but it'll just blow up in your face
I was prone last time I tried while overlooking the ground from the roof. Plenty of space for the rocket and after bits of me were raining down my first thought was "wtf".
Old 08-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #7
Skullening.Chris
Supporting Member

*sigh*
Just after posting in this thread, I'm playing on Al Basrah. I'm in the "village" area, in that only two-story building. I go up to second floor and get out on that little balcony. I see the Merlin in the distance and decide to just take a piss shot with my RPG. I remember that firing standing sucks, so I crouch. Big surprise, the RPG hits the side of the balcony (despite me aiming upward at 45 degree angle) and blows me to bits. I instantly think of this thread and cry.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #8
MrDow123

Send a message via MSN to MrDow123

Ive never really had such an incurrence, usually because I fire Rocket-Propelled Grenades in the desert away from Urban Combat
Old 08-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #9
pureperversions
Supporting Member

i find the desert to be almost as bad, that little hill you are hiding behind so you dont show as much of a profile suddenly jumps up 20 feet as you fire in to the path of the rocket

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie
Old 08-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #10
[R-DEV]epoch
PR:A3 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Perhaps we could label the AT/RPG etc "For Outdoor Use Only", or something equally as consumer friendly?

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
Closed Thread

Tags
antitank, clear, handheld, shots, weaponry