project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
DarthDisco

Thumbs down Crash To Desktop Loading issue

Salute Dev's,

I have been encountering sporatic CTD's in 0.6. They seem to happen almost exclusively during or just after the loading of a new map. In my last play session I crashed first just as the map completed loading and just as the "JOIN" button should have appeared.

After re-joining, and playing the end of that map, I crashed again after the loading of the next map, this time after joining and immediately after my initial spawn.

Are there any diagnostics or specifications I should provide to aide in problem diagnosis? Basic computer specs follow.

Intel Core 2 Duo E-6300
2 GB Corsair XMS-2 Memmory @ 800 mhz
Seagate Barracuda 250 GB HD
ATi Radeon X1950 Pro 256 MB
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS

Thanks,

DD

|TG-XV| DiscoJedi

How's my flying? Call 1-800-FLY-JEDI
Old 07-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
Communist

Are you using Windows Vista?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
bdu.se

Now our server crashed again.
This time i managed to get a screenie:

Server is NOT running Vista.
It's running 2003 server.
Happend on a mapchange(from hellmand to hamgyong).
Old 07-30-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
DarthDisco

Negative.

I am running Windows XP.

|TG-XV| DiscoJedi

How's my flying? Call 1-800-FLY-JEDI
Old 07-31-2007, 01:01 AM   #5
Communist

Did you uninstall earlier versions of PR before installing 0.6? And have you tried reinstalling BF2 and PR from scratch?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:10 AM   #6
Altimaden

im getting the same thing 50% of the time (see hardware issues forum in the slow gameplay thread) and i am running vista

i LOVE this mod. but i hate it too.
is this the best yet buggiest release yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]NikovK
What you do is hold down alt and cycle through the seats. Eventually you'll find a free rope, usually seat 4 or so.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:02 AM   #7
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimaden
im getting the same thing 50% of the time (see hardware issues forum in the slow gameplay thread) and i am running vista

i LOVE this mod. but i hate it too.
is this the best yet buggiest release yet?
Nope. This is by far the most bugfree release. The bug you have encountered is known as Vista. BF2 and Vista do NOT mix very well. I'm quite scared actually as my new rig comes preinstalled with Vista.... So in September I will have the same bug as you.

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:16 AM   #8
Communist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJr
Nope. This is by far the most bugfree release. The bug you have encountered is known as Vista. BF2 and Vista do NOT mix very well. I'm quite scared actually as my new rig comes preinstalled with Vista.... So in September I will have the same bug as you.
Actually BF2 and Vista work quite well, it only crashes with PR. However there is at least one Developer who would rather blame it on Vista, instead of trying to help people fix their problems with the mod. But that thread is closed, so I won't dwell on it.

This thread was started by someone who meets the minimum requirements, including operating system, but is still encountering problems, so lets get back on topic Make another thread if you want to focus on Vista-related issues
Old 07-31-2007, 07:50 AM   #9
Ghostrider
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Communist
However there is at least one Developer who would rather blame it on Vista, instead of trying to help people fix their problems with the mod. But that thread is closed, so I won't dwell on it.

Keep making yourself look like an ignorant. You did it quite well in the last thread. Now if you're "not going to dwell on it" then dont post.

@DarthDisco: Regarding the problem, a patch will come out in the near future. We're trying to address as many problems as possible, so please bear with us, since we do this when we have some free time, if any.

-Ghost

Old 07-31-2007, 08:23 AM   #10
Altimaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJr
The bug you have encountered is known as Vista.
too right mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]NikovK
What you do is hold down alt and cycle through the seats. Eventually you'll find a free rope, usually seat 4 or so.
Closed Thread

Tags
crash, desktop, issue, loading