project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #11
assetruler69
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: No audio explosions

And yeah. I can kinda double on that. Netcode thingy which makes rounds to make no sound or to take no effect became more recent nowadays.
assetruler69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #12
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Moderator

Placebo.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #13
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

I could be more common now that UGL is more common overall. Theres so many things that have changed over the past 12 months that could have caused it to be more common.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #14
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

RGO often silent and those are networked. Can you explain that?

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
[R-DEV]Mats391 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #15
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer

Shit engine.

RPGs is more comparable. Never silent, always networked.

RGO has localpredictonclient which might be buggy.
Last edited by [R-DEV]AlonTavor; 12-09-2017 at 07:45 AM..
Old 12-09-2017, 07:24 AM   #16
phlupple

The following is a short story based on real events.

'WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU...'
by phlupple

As I strolled into the temporary Battalion headquarters, I checked my weapon and supply pack. The fighting had been so heavy, all I had left was a half-empty magazine and a glycogen tablet from a leftover MRE.

While crossing the main hallway, I spotted two officers standing by a battle planning table, debating heatedly. The senior of the two was a fat, bloated man, his reddened face a mask of angry contempt.

"I understand General but it just doesn't add up. We're receiving reports of significant spikes. It can't be explained by sheer coincidence. I have experienced platoon leaders reporting increases of up to sixty percent over previous combat tours. We can't simply ignore this."

"I don't have time for your excuses Colonel. I can't do your fucking job for you. Just get it done!"

The General slammed his fist on the table, a torrent of saliva leaping unceremoniously from his twisted mouth, his rage unbridled. I quickly moved on down the corridor before they had time to spot me eavesdropping.

The next room was dark and damp. The air was heavy with the rich, cloying smell of blood and antiseptic. In the corner, a young marine rocked back and forth in the foetal position, clearly delirious from combat exhaustion. As I edged closer I could make out his face, eyes wide and darting madly around the room. He was terrified. I could tell that his wounds far exceeded any physical ailment; he'd been driven beyond the brink of sanity by this hellish war. It was clear his presence was making the other men nervous so I tried to calm him.

"Here, marine. It's not much but it's all I have left." I made to hand him my last sugar pill but he refused it, suddenly locking eyes with me, ferocious and crazed.

"THEY TOLD US IT HAD ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY. THEY TOLD US NOTHING HAD CHANGED. THAT WE WERE JUST PRODUCTS OF OUR ENVIRONMENT."

He cackled maniacally as he rocked, the other marines visibly shaken by his outburst. Some simply left the room in a combination of disgust and fear.

"WHAT ABOUT ME? WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US? HOW WERE WE TO KNOW!?"

There was no doubting the depths of his torment now; he'd snapped and there was no going back. I felt only pity as I slowly nudged his service rifle away with my boot, trying to separate him from a deadly weapon he so surely should never wield again.

"DADDY WAS A SOLDIER TOO. HE TOLD ME WHAT IT WAS LIKE BEFORE, IN THE OLD DAYS. NEVER LIKE THIS. NEVER LIKE THIS!"

He roared, a wounded animal howling in horrific agony, and lunged for his rifle in a frenzy of frantic movement.

It all happened in an instant, in the blink of an eye. All I wanted was to stop him, before he harmed someone. All I wanted was to help. It was then, as his neck broke in the struggle, that I realised just how frail we are; just how quickly a life can be snuffed out. It was then I knew I'd killed him, trying to save him from himself.

"Hush now", I whispered softly, a solitary tear streaming down my cheek as I gently pushed the sugar pill between his lifeless lips.

"Hush now marine... it's just a placebo."
phlupple is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #17
viirusiiseli

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlupple View Post
snips
tl;dr

"AI in AA is more dangerous as a human player on Deployment"
"Has it ever crossed your mind that you got outplayed? Isn't being BAD an option?"
"cas impacted the game bigly"
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, explosions