project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
tankninja1

Default 0.973 Perminantly Tracked Bug

Description:
Sometimes a vehicle will become tracked for no apparent reason, and hers the kicker no matter how long it repairs for or what you do the vehicle will remained tracked. Might be related to DB mod never had the problem until after CIA started using DB mod

Steps to Reproduce:
Slightly damage a vehicle and repair it and this bug seem to happen more often

Screenshots / Video:
screen10 - Servimg.com - Free image hosting service
screen11 - Servimg.com - Free image hosting service

Tested On:
Vados City AAS-64, CIA Hooker and Kokan PR v0.973 (MTLB), MTLB seems to be prone to this problem
Kashan Desert AAS-64 (Bradley)
Operation Marlin AAS-64 (LAV-3)

PR can be like a two year old, really annoying, but if somebody hurts it or takes it away, you would kill them.
tankninja1 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Maj.Osama
Supporting Member

Default Re: 0.973 Perminantly Tracked Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankninja1 View Post
Description:

Operation Marlin AAS-64 (LAV-3)
+1

it happen to me once my sqL had to rush it to the enemy tell he get killed so he can get new one xD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maj.Osama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Vicious302

All you have to do is get in the vehicle and it bounces right up to normal. I've had this happen 3 times and that fixed it, sometime you have to move it a little too. I had people crying and complainingin that it was glitched perma tracked once on Ramiel and all that needed was getting in the driver seat.
Vicious302 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
tankninja1

We tried that and nothing happened, if we had been able to fix it that way I wouldn't have posted it on the forums.

PR can be like a two year old, really annoying, but if somebody hurts it or takes it away, you would kill them.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
ExeTick
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

this is already known.

only time I managed to fix it was when I blew it up.

I even tried to drive around for a while but it didnt help.
ExeTick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #6
chrisweb89
Project Reality Beta Tester

Vicious what you said is just what a vehicle looks like when its done repairing, but hasn't moved, this is very different. The only solution I have every found is killing the vehicle, it has happened to fresh vehicles as they have spawned.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
=HCM= Shwedor

Has anyone tried driving one of the MTLB's into the water once it is tracked to see if it operates normally in the water?

I've never seen it happen with the Bradley or MTLB, but with the LAV-3 on Marlin it is rather common.

shwedor
=HCM= Shwedor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #8
Vicious302

I just don't believe you guys, I've had tracked vehicles maybe 40 times and thought this way the case maybe 4 times. Once the logi was damaged and was drawing the repair from the station so the armor wasnt getting any and from inside it seemed to be done repairing. Moving the logi away solved the problem. I play armor a lot and never had this happen, but have seen a few times where people swore to god exactly what your saying and they just weren't done repairing.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
tankninja1

Have you played on DB mod servers? I've only noticed this bug on DB mods servers like CIA, its also fairly rare in DB mod to only noticed it once a month or so.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
Vicious302

I'm not a DEV but I can guess with 99% accuracy that DB mod would have no affect on vehicle repairs, none of the changes remotely affect vehicles... next time this happens, message me on here and I will join the server and FRAPs the situatioin for documentation one way or the other. Get every available logi, sometimes the ground is "damaging" the armor just from how it's sitting. If you don't have two repair stations, you really can't be sure your doing all you can.

Tags
bug, perminantly, tracked