project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
sabwarfare
Default [0973] Avenger miniguns not hurting infantry

Description:
I was in the US Avenger AA vehicle firing miniguns at close range and clearly striking an infantry of opposing team and doing no damage.

Steps to Reproduce:
Get in avenger vehicle solo, drive around, hop in gun seat, fire miniguns at infantry

Screenshots / Video:
have neither

Tested On:
Kashan Desert AAS-32, cia kokan & napalm .973
sabwarfare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: [0973] Avenger miniguns not hurting infantry

Might be due to the BF2 hitbox and your connection.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Stealthgato

It's a single fast-firing .50 cal, not miniguns. And it is pretty effective against infantry, never had this problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
=HCM= Shwedor

I have this problem a lot with the Avenger, and it seems to be only the Avenger. I've literally shot a guy standing next to me 50 times and watched him flinch repeatedly while not dieing. Only weapons system I've found to be continually not doing damage to infantry at times. Other times it works perfectly, especially with headshots, but torso shots do very little.

shwedor
=HCM= Shwedor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
speedazz

Send a message via Skype™ to speedazz

Well it happened only once to me, but rith rifle, but then I had ping ~200 so thats why it can happen, I think

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
speedazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
sabwarfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by =HCM= Shwedor View Post
I have this problem a lot with the Avenger, and it seems to be only the Avenger. I've literally shot a guy standing next to me 50 times and watched him flinch repeatedly while not dieing. Only weapons system I've found to be continually not doing damage to infantry at times. Other times it works perfectly, especially with headshots, but torso shots do very little.
this is the same thing I experienced, ping was not an issue and I had shot him about 50 times and no damage.
sabwarfare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
Crenshaw
Send a message via MSN to Crenshaw Send a message via Skype™ to Crenshaw

This happened to me on Kashan as well. I saw a sniper and I let this man UP. The way I had this man, his body should've fell to pieces. What did he do? Get up and run away. It's BS.

Also, to be fair, the Avenger has 4 50 calibur guns on it. That probably explains why it dumps ammo so fast. If it was a single gun firing I'm going to assume 4000 rpm, the barrel would melt in a heartbeat.

-Crenshaw
Crenshaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
=HCM= Shwedor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crenshaw View Post
This happened to me on Kashan as well. I saw a sniper and I let this man UP. The way I had this man, his body should've fell to pieces. What did he do? Get up and run away. It's BS.

Also, to be fair, the Avenger has 4 50 calibur guns on it. That probably explains why it dumps ammo so fast. If it was a single gun firing I'm going to assume 4000 rpm, the barrel would melt in a heartbeat.

-Crenshaw
4? And your source for this is...?

Last I checked they were armed with a single M3P .50 cal which is a modified Browning M2 with an increased rate of fire (about 1,200 RPM).

Wikipedia isn't a great source, but for something like this it usually tends to be correct.
AN/TWQ-1 Avenger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vid:
Avenger M3P Qulification at Nightmare Range - YouTube

But yes, this M3P is really bugged ingame.... And takes WAY too many shots to kill a person. You would think it was a Makarov Pistol on fully auto and not a .50 cal when using it.

shwedor
=HCM= Shwedor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
0973, avenger, hurting, infantry, miniguns