project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #21
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Default UAV not displaying stuff / not lasing

As commander, sometimes when in your UAV it will stop displaying certain vehicles/wrecks/FOBs/infantry. It's really annoying to look at an enemy tank, trying to lase him, then see him just vanishes infront of you. You have to redeploy the UAV or wait for the enemy vehicles to move to another place.

Another bug is that sometimes the UAV won't properly lase, so you have to redeploy the UAV or lase stuff closer then start lasing further untill you reach your target, really irritating when trying to lase for CAS.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: UAV not displaying stuff / not lasing

Has some bugys yeah. Yesterday i was following an MTLB and it just vanished in a cloud of dust. PRetty funky though.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #23
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...ml#post1819199

Also

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26-...ppear-uav.html
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #24
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

I experienced this issue last week on Op Marlin on the PRTA server:

I was Canadian CO and saw a MEC chopper land in J1 and an Inf squad start to build a FoB. I looked back some time later and couldn't see the FoB and assumed it had been destroyed. I was then informed there was a "MEC fortress of HMGs, TOWs + Infantry etc on J1/2" which was completely invisible to me in the UAV.

Definitely a serious issue in regards to the usefulness of the UAV.

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #25
ExeTick
Supporting Member

I think it has to do something that the UAV is outside the viewrange on some maps.

because on some maps I dont have any problem with UAV but some maps fobs,tows and hmgs is invisible.
ExeTick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #26
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeTick View Post
I think it has to do something that the UAV is outside the viewrange on some maps.

because on some maps I dont have any problem with UAV but some maps fobs,tows and hmgs is invisible.
Pretty sure that can't be it. As in my example above, I saw a FoB being built which later disappeared, and occasionally re-appeared. And others in this thread have similar examples of things like that happening. It seems to almost be area specific at times.

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #27
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: [0966] objects disappear in UAV

If the problems caused due to z-fighting, it should be fixed in 1.0 . Sounds like what's causing the issue, if it's not, well that sucks

The whole UAV rotation should work on dedicated as well in 1.0, it's totally bugged in 0.97, and has been for several versions...

[R-DEV]AncientMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #28
[R-CON]Spook
PR Tournament Management
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Yeah it depends on the position of the UAV and the view angle. I experience this bug every week.

For example, you look at a FOB, its there, you look at it 3 mins later, its gone. You wait some seconds, its still not there. But if you move the crosshair of the UAV somewhere else, but still keep the FOB location on the edge of you screen, sometimes it appears again. Disappears, as soon as you look directly at it again.

Its really annyoing. Especially if you play as a commander for 3 hours in a row on every sunday, and the UAV Laze support is really needed.

[R-CON]Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #29
Predator.v2

View distance is slightly higher on the edge on your screen than in the middle. It is a BF2 thing.

If you want to avoid the disappearing bug, place the UAV marker within ~500m of your target. Everything further away than 500-700m of your UAV marker will probably disappear after some time.
It seems, it is map related too. For example i am having this problem on Kashan but not on Silent Eagle.
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #30
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Weird, Predator.v2, I had the problem on both maps and also I had it from targets that were RIGHT under my UAV.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
966, disappear, displaying, lasing, objects, stuff, uav