project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
29 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 12:11 AM   #11
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default [0.973] Objects Disappear Occasionally When Viewing from UAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AFsoccer View Post
I've had this problem too in 0.973. It seems to occur in visual mode or when switching between visual and IR.
I also experienced this yesterday on Ramiel while commanding. Entire squads, vehicles and FOB/hideout/assets would completely disappear, and it seemed to be confined to an area because the moving squads would 'pop' back into vision as they moved south from the affected visual area.

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 FCV
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Default Re: [0966] objects disappear in UAV

I've also experienced this. Objects can only be seen from a certain angle or they disappear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
Myru

Played an other round of jabal as US commander today. With the great improvement of the view distance with the latest patch, this bug is more noticeable than ever. If you place the uav above "Dam", you have a clear visual on the western part of jabal as well, but all gameplay objects and players wont render that far, which again faces you with the problems, explained in my previous post.
Myru is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #14
sprint113

I believe this bug has been reported before and it does have to do with draw distance. IIRC, the UAV is flying in a circle or rotating, which causes objects (FOBs, infantry, vehicles, caches) to go in and out of the view distance. If you stay focused on one spot long enough, you will see non-static objects stop being rendered and then eventually re-render. I think it is similar to how looking out the corner of your screen will give you an additional 100m draw distance.
sprint113 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #15
ExeTick
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

If it is the view distance is it not possible to let the UAV fly lower? I guess its hardcoded how high the UAV is going to fly.
ExeTick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #16
[R-CON]Psyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeTick View Post
If it is the view distance is it not possible to let the UAV fly lower? I guess its hardcoded how high the UAV is going to fly.
Uh... the devs made it, so how'd you figure it's hardcoded?

I'm rather certain it's VD unrelated.

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.

<3 FCV
Old 06-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #17
[R-CON]Psyrus

Any news on this issue for 1.0?

Just tried commanding again and almost led a squad right into an ambush because both the squad I was guiding, and the enemy squad... were invisible.

The magical fairy dust wore off just in time though, and I managed to call it.

Very annoying problem

<3 FCV
Old 06-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #18
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I think this is also an issue with intersections? the Prio for the intersection counts as more than a gameplay object or something?

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #19
[R-CON]Psyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudd View Post
I think this is also an issue with intersections? the Prio for the intersection counts as more than a gameplay object or something?
Are you referring to something other than road intersections? This behavior has happened out in sand dunes, far away from any roads, too.

<3 FCV
Old 06-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #20
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

nope, road intersections were what I was referring too

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
966, disappear, displaying, lasing, objects, stuff, uav