project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
24 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
SGT.MARCO

Default Field Dressing: conventional forces

I think that conventional forces are not as efficient without a medic stopping bleeding. 1 person shot can sometimes take the effort of the squads patches to stop bleeding.

possible solution
With 2 field dressings players will have a better chance of survival if a pilot is shot down and survives. also a soldier on his own shot, or hit close by a rocket can at least stop the bleeding. Soldiers who are partially separated either by fire terrain can patch each other up without putting medics in harms way.

Medics will still have a use as they can use the epinephrine and spot wounded players.

I just thought to say that it seems a little weird that you need about 3 players dressing to heal one person. It would be better if they can have one to give, and one to keep and save for them self.
Last edited by SGT.MARCO; 05-01-2011 at 02:29 PM..
Old 05-01-2011, 04:35 AM   #2
Kain888
Supporting Member

Default Re: Field Dressing: conventional forces

It's suggestion and I don't agree. It's fine as it is. Firefights would be even more meaningless.

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
SGT.MARCO

Not trying to suggest anything, i was stating a problem i have with it and a possible solution, it always comes across this way.
SGT.MARCO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

I don't see the problem. Of course you should need a medic when you're wounded. The field dressing only gives you a bit more time to reach the medic. It was never the point of field dressings to completely heal people. Only the squad leader and sniper kits have multiple field dressings to represent their more advanced medical training or w/e.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonBill

Actually what I have seen from a few good military films is that many soldiers use their own tourniquets and first aid gear to stabilise an injured soldier. If a guy is shot in the chest then he will need help to stop the bleeding if he wants to keep on fighting. If you are badly wounded and there is no medic around you should have at least three guys trying to patch you up.
PoisonBill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
SGT.MARCO

From my experience i have noticed that if you get hit on your chest or head, thats when even 2 dressings will not stop bleeding, that is when you need a medic. When you are incapacitated it is when you really need medic to get you back on your feet.

i suggest 2 dressings because it can stop bleeding from falling of objects and getting shot in the arm. But more serious injury you need multiple men from the battle or a medic to fix you up and get you back in the fight.

especially now that we have 8 man squads and 128 players where medical attention may never come or be harder to keep up with
Old 05-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
Tartantyco

The entire point is that you will need a medic to patch you up. Bandages are only supposed to heal superficial injuries and stave off death just a little longer so you can get medical attention from a medic.

Make Norway OPFOR! NAO!

It's your hamster Richard. It's your hamster in the box and it's not breathing.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
SGT.MARCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartantyco View Post
The entire point is that you will need a medic to patch you up. Bandages are only supposed to heal superficial injuries and stave off death just a little longer so you can get medical attention from a medic.
not all injuries require a medic to conduct first aid (first aid being: epipin and medpack) Some can be solved with bandages and multiple soldiers patching someone up.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.MARCO View Post
not all injuries require a medic to conduct first aid (first aid being: epipin and medpack) Some can be solved with bandages and multiple soldiers patching someone up.
Which is why everyone has ONE field dressing to DROP instead of use for one's self only.

Also, if you are injured and have no medic around; that is a problem that need to be solved with better positioning of medic, team, and yourself; not by more field dressings.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
reozm

I think it's fine as it is. Like others said, field dressings are meant to be temporary for any serious injury - including getting shot in the arm. Think about it: if you were shot in your arm or leg, and you just put a sterile cloth over it, you could still walk, right? But for how long? I know it wouldn't be very long for me.
reozm is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
conventional, dressing, field, forces