project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
22 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #21
Brainlaag

Default Re: Field Dressing: conventional forces

Yeh guys, just necro the thread. Anyway IF we are to make any changes then I agree with lukeyu, make the field dressing stop the bleed but don't boost your health, so you are able to survive somewhere out in the field for a indefinite period of time but you are not fully combat effective (maybe even keep the bloody screen, just stop the health drop). However I'm fairly sure this is hardcoded.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #22
Stemplus

@Brainlag

I'm pretty sure that is impossible since bleed starts when your health is below certain %. So basicaly a patch gives you a bit of health, and using enough of them will get your health level over the certain % that makes you bleed.

@Topic

In my opinion crewman and pilots should have more than 1 patch, because when you exit a burning vehicle you start bleeding, and even if your gunner/driver/pilot gives you his patch, both of you will die in about 2 minutes, which most of the time isn't enough to find a friendly fob/squad to heal up.

Stemplus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #23
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemplus View Post
@Brainlag

I'm pretty sure that is impossible since bleed starts when your health is below certain %. So basicaly a patch gives you a bit of health, and using enough of them will get your health level over the certain % that makes you bleed.
No shit, hence the "However I'm fairly sure this is hardcoded.".
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #24
Lange

Send a message via AIM to Lange Send a message via MSN to Lange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemplus View Post
@Brainlag

@Topic

In my opinion crewman and pilots should have more than 1 patch, because when you exit a burning vehicle you start bleeding, and even if your gunner/driver/pilot gives you his patch, both of you will die in about 2 minutes, which most of the time isn't enough to find a friendly fob/squad to heal up.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Crewman and Pilots should get two because your not going to have access to a medic right away if at all and just die from the vehicle fire anyway. Should give the chance for more survivalablity instead of as it is now its almost pointless to try and survive a downed vehicle since you will just die anyway. Could also simulate the fact there is a lot of med gear in those kind of vehicles.

As far as for full squads no, I disagree as of now that would just encourage lack of medic use and such, more patches isn't the answer maybe changing the damage and coding of the bleeding to make it happen at higher damages etc.
Lange is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #25
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

First reaction of any APC drivers should be to drop all ammo, or even if you've got time get one medic whilst second guy runs.

Second guy can then get kit and revive him.

But even so wouldn't change much else and I can't se a bad side effect to having two or three patches.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #26
Lange

Send a message via AIM to Lange Send a message via MSN to Lange

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
First reaction of any APC drivers should be to drop all ammo, or even if you've got time get one medic whilst second guy runs.

Second guy can then get kit and revive him.

But even so wouldn't change much else and I can't se a bad side effect to having two or three patches.
Have you ever had that much time to plan when you're vehicle your crewing is blowing up? If your not instantly dead anyway it happens within mere seconds. I never once have most the time its either i'm dead or get out and die from the blast anyway and if im really lucky bleeding. Dropping crates getting a medic if you even can with a slim chance as it is just isn't gonna happen in most instances. Not bad suggestions but just terribly insane chances of doing that on a consistent basis.
Lange is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
conventional, dressing, field, forces