project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
BenHamish

Default Re: Grenade Launcher - Smoke Grenades - Kills Collabrator

Is it possible to make the RPG kill with an unexploded bodyshot? Black Hawk Down is my reference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #12
Shovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Chuc View Post
Now to get it to ricochet
Do I really have to post this?
YouTube Video

starts at around 47 seconds

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
Ford_Jam

Good shot.
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #14
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Matrox View Post
40 mike Mike kills. It's realistic.
Unfortunately, the "kill shot" made in that clip was actually a bit unrealistic. At about 17 seconds into the video clip, when it shows a rear-distance view of him taking the shot, you can see the person was about 25m away. At that range, the grenade would have caused some head trauma but never actually been capable of penetrating the skull.

That being said, the majority of 40mm projectiles can be lethal at ranges up to 30m. Against an unarmored person, a shot to the head or sternum can cause death out to about 20m, with severe trauma out to about 40m. But beyond 30m-ish the fuze will have armed anyways.

That is also why law enforcement considers 37mm and 40mm "impact munitions" to be Less-than-lethal instead of Non-lethal, because given the right range and circumstances they can still kill. Military munitions are more likely to cause serious injury though because they use a metal projectile instead of wood, foam, rubber, or other materials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Wolfe View Post
That can't be a legit movie...can it?
It was a clip from a television series, not actual combat footage.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:14 AM   #15
BenHamish

# cough cough #

Any info on if it's possible to make the RPG kill in the same way?

Sometimes (in bemused/panicking desperation), I have shot at almost point blank with the RPG. Would be helpful for insurgents, who only have the knife instead.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:27 AM   #16
splatters

I have killed guys with one shot to the body in PR, they can't be revived and you don't get the usual dust efect with explosion. I don't know how well it works very close range.
splatters is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:49 AM   #17
Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatters View Post
I have killed guys with one shot to the body in PR, they can't be revived and you don't get the usual dust efect with explosion. I don't know how well it works very close range.
Confirmed. I once shot a guy at point-blank range with RPG7 and it worked : no explosion but death on impact. A bit lucky but effective nevertheless.
Valor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:19 AM   #18
Dr_Tubesteak

This round actually created smoke after the kill as the shot was over 120m, but it's more for information that shooting smoke rounds at the collaborators may cause you to suffer a penalty!

Regarding ricochets, on the vBF2 I've fired GL against close walls to get them bounce around the corner, or through fence openings! I think the ricochet was introduced via a patch to avoid the noobtubing of previous patches.
Dr_Tubesteak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #19
BenHamish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor View Post
Confirmed. I once shot a guy at point-blank range with RPG7 and it worked : no explosion but death on impact. A bit lucky but effective nevertheless.
Thanks for clearing this up guys.. Could be fairly amusing to get a 2m kill from an RPG (and not an exploit either).

Tags
collabrator, grenade, grenades, kills, launcher, smoke