project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
20 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
[R-DEV]Airsoft
PR:BF2 Developer

Default An improved medic system

Often when I play infantry in PR I play as medic. Having played PR for years, in earlier versions I had no issue with this. Not sure about this new version if a feature was removed/added or I just suck However, there needs to be an improved method to locate critically wounded players. More often than not I see a broken heart symbol on the map and then followed by a medic symbol indicating a wounded player. This issue is mainly seen from me on non-mumble servers and servers where I play with random pubbing rather than an organized clan or team.

I'd like to see an improved way of trying to find wounded people (who can be revived or not), making the medic symbol longer lasting on the map within 100m of the medic, or a visual indication of some sort... trying to separate wounded from people who gives up or are "dead-dead" I play as a conservative medic, most of the time only reviving when its not hot (rather than waste 2 tickets), and conserve epi pens. Sometimes I get too caught up in the mission/objective that I don't check the map for whatever reason (too many enemies around for example) leads to people raging at me over team chat

for those tl;dr It would be nice to have an improvement for the current medic system, making it easier to locate wounded players outside the ingame map.

[R-DEV]Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: An improved medic system

Would be interesting if a 3d marker was implemented showing in a 10m radius of a medic.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
Harbard
Supporting Member

Remember that It's often up to the medic to remember soldiers position and it's up to the squad leader to mark him/her. I dont find this as a problem. But i understand that's it's very hard to remember positions and sush while combating, always speak with the injured soldier and ask him where he is, .ex D4 k 4 behind building PE9 , if you are using that system like most squads/clans are using to make it easier to tell where the enemy is hiding.
Harbard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Airsoft
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweGrizz View Post
Remember that It's often up to the medic to remember soldiers position and it's up to the squad leader to mark him/her. I dont find this as a problem. But i understand that's it's very hard to remember positions and sush while combating, always speak with the injured soldier and ask him where he is, .ex D4 k 4 behind building PE9 , if you are using that system like most squads/clans are using to make it easier to tell where the enemy is hiding.
I understand keeping track of your own squad, I have no problem with that and I can always ask on voip to call out their location. The difficulty however is finding and healing "the blue guys", those not in the squad, which is almost impossible to use voice communications with them without a 3rd party software like mumble or teamspeak. Hard to keep track of everyone on the team if you're actively in combat all the time. More often than not the hate directed towards me are from these people, and I feel more inclined not to revive them at all :\

Id like to see a form of empty health bar or something that was similar to vbf2 and earlier versions of PR

Last edited by [R-DEV]Airsoft; 01-22-2011 at 11:31 PM..
Old 01-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
dingoball

Send a message via AIM to dingoball

It is a nice gesture to revive other teammates, but in reality they should have their own medic. It's awesome that you revive them, but I don't think they deserve anything other than a small mark on my map!

dingoball is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I agree there needs to be better indication. Realistically, you could see a wounded soldier rolling around on the ground, moaning and bleeding. But, the BF2 engine doesn't allow this, so an unrealistic HUD icon is fine with me.

It's the same with your mag count, stamina bar, vehicle passenger list, voip name indicator, etc. All these things are unrealistic features that represent realistic things.

Having to pull up your map, or hell, even having casualties marked on your map at all, is highly unrealistic in my eyes. A real life medic doesn't check out his bluforce tracker everytime they hear someone call for a medic. And even when casualties are marked on a system like the bluforce tracker, it wouldn't happen instantly.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
Dev1200

It'd be nice to see an extremely close (10m, maybe set it to 1-2m so it looks like you are checking that person's vitals) "symbol" above a body if that person is revive-able. This is a much realistic version than asking a dying person "hey are you dead or just dead dead?"

Last edited by Dev1200; 06-04-2011 at 06:21 PM..
Old 04-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #8
-CAL ACO-

another thing that might help is if someone would stay with a wounded person and if there was an animation or radio callout for a soldier watching over the wound person to basically say "hey medic over here quick"

than again i've seen to many games where you have to fall back and leave a wounded behind,
cue the infamous "wounded drag system? debate"
-CAL ACO- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
Mikemonster

If you're not on mumble (or they aren't on mumble), why do they expect you to come to their far-away unknown position and revive them?

It's not vanilla BF2, no points will be given. All that'll happen is the 'ohlol' medic will get shot by the same marksman as his intended patient. Simple as that. Sometimes i'm the marksman.

If it's hard to find a casualty over VOIP then the squad is a bad one. Simples.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
Psyko

Really good thread. funny how you mention it, i played medic last night for a few hours and its very frustrating with the scale of things, finding a wounded guy on the map is difficult. because often when you zoom in the broken heart has allready disappeared and you wander around hoping that, that person is on mumble.

i wouldnt like a quick fix vanilla solution like 3d markers. rather it would be cool if the medic could hear which direction the crys for help were coming from, and follow them until it was found.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
improved, medic, system