project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
22 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #41
Mahis
Default Re: SVD Dragunov (and all DM rifles?) seemed very overpowered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeon5541 View Post
It seems that you are thinking like guys from Dice,
Weapons like Dragunov kill with one shot.
It is not overpowered,it is realistic,only thing that is bad on Dragunov is his range,
creators says that is god up to 700 meters,but in reality you should be lucky if shoot someone
on 300 meters range.
Dragunov THE BEST !!!!!!
I quess ur not very good marksman then
Mahis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #42
simeon5541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahis View Post
I quess ur not very good marksman then
I'm better in reality than in games XD
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #43
RealKail

I think that some of the DMRs actually could use a bit more firepower, along with sniper rifles. Let's think about it, these folks are using more specialized rounds and firing from rifles with much greater stopping power than the standard battle rifles. The specialized rounds they're firing are typically designed to go through the enemy's body armor with little to no resistance. I'd honestly be willing to request these rifles start becoming 1-hit kills all over, but then the anti-sniper whiners who want balance over reality would come in and, well, whine.
RealKail is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #44
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I was rather enjoying myself with the SVD yesterday on Lashkar, good fun

given the required rate of fire to stay accurate I felt it was balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #45
speedhound1-WYD-

don't forget that the type 95? and the Negev have semi auto modes which makes them nearly as good as a DMR but have geniune LMG capabilities.

but agree with general concesus that DMR's are OK when it comes to their 'special' powers because they are, well, 'special'

for those that don't have much success with the m14 or the 88, you must use them without exagerating the time to settle, if you count REAL seconds they are proper accurate.

best shot to date, 650 meters with G3 on lashkar.

speed
speedhound1-WYD- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #46
Dev1200

Everyone talks about how DM rifles are OP.

Now, think of a fully automatic version of the DM rifle, without per-shot deviation and a 30-200 round mag. Now you can talk OP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #47
Mikemonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealKail View Post
I think that some of the DMRs actually could use a bit more firepower, along with sniper rifles. Let's think about it, these folks are using more specialized rounds and firing from rifles with much greater stopping power than the standard battle rifles. The specialized rounds they're firing are typically designed to go through the enemy's body armor with little to no resistance. I'd honestly be willing to request these rifles start becoming 1-hit kills all over, but then the anti-sniper whiners who want balance over reality would come in and, well, whine.
Oh hi, I see that you like sniping a bit.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #48
CoLdFiRe88

The question isnt if it should do 1 shot kills, it fires a big ass round. the question is if its accurate enough to land the shot every time. I dont even know if M14/SVDs will hit the mark everytime on max theoretical range of 600 meters.
CoLdFiRe88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #49
Sneak Attack

Send a message via MSN to Sneak Attack

Marksmen are fine. I can hit people faster and farther away with the marksmen then the sniper rifles

Sneak Attack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #50
Mikemonster

In comparison to other guns is what PR is all about. As mentioned theoretically they should be accurate to X number of yards/metres, but what should be discussed is how much more/less accurate than a standard rifle they are.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dragunov, marksman, overpowered, rifles, svd