project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 07:34 AM   #11
ryan d ale

Default Re: SVD Dragunov (and all DM rifles?) seemed very overpowered..

nerf the insurgents again plox?

Yes, it's a gun... of course it's going to be lethal.

I'm pretty jelous of Savage now.

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #12
BenHamish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan d ale View Post
nerf the insurgents again plox?

Yes, it's a gun... of course it's going to be lethal.

I'm pretty jelous of Savage now.
All the other guns in the game.

^ Your argument is invalid.

Nitneuc: Cheers for the info mate, sorry if I was rude.

Somehow I just went through the enemy squads like a dose of salts. Never managed that with my trusty PKM lol.

BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #13
Predator.v2

While i am thinking, that DMR in general are strong but kinda balanced weapons, the SVD and the full auto M4 are really gamebreakers. For example the SVD can most of the time one shot germans at lashkar valley (bug?) and the m4 can be used as lethal one shot precision weapon or like a saw on full auto with like no recoil.
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
General Dragosh

Send a message via MSN to General Dragosh

The SVD is fine, when i have it in my hands i ushually kill everything, but from what pred says about the hamas M4 DMR well thats a bit out of the line me thinks, but who cares what i think anyway =P

Newly ordered sig !
General Dragosh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #15
Silly_Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by =LK= A.H. View Post
If you're going to complain about a DM rifle, complain about the right one: The Hamas M4A1. That thing's ridiculously powerful and accurate, and I wouldn't have it any other way - our squad's DM had 14 kills at the end of Asad Khal yesterday (I showed him a good ambush position and he stopped the IDF assault immediately!).
Yes! This and the Dragunov are easily the best weapons in the game, bar none. Another example to prove a point, using the M4A1 DMR.

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

DM rifles you say

tbh the only reason i ever prefer a markman rifle over a regular one is on the US army and USMC factions because i hate the 5.56 and love the 7.62

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHamish View Post
All the other guns in the game.

^ Your argument is invalid.

Nitneuc: Cheers for the info mate, sorry if I was rude.

Somehow I just went through the enemy squads like a dose of salts. Never managed that with my trusty PKM lol.
I wasn't arguing a point. I was clarrifying a point.

I didn't specifically mention why I believe it might be a bad idea for the game.

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #18
kuratomi1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHamish View Post
From an M4?!

I doubt it takes 8 seconds to settle.. I thought it was 4 seconds and then 1 second between shots.

Also, undeployed, if they are 'like an assault rifle' then it's 4 seconds to settle.

And 'low-powered'?? Did you see my one-shot-kill references and tally up my kills?

The enemy squads should have been more spread out.. but it wouldn't have helped! I just straight up owned them, and this was the first time i'd used the SVD at anything but max range.
its 8 seconds and 4 seconds per shot..from what ive heard lolz
kuratomi1950 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
Nitneuc
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Nitneuc

Silly, the fact you are overpowered yourself doesn't mean DMR are. I mean, I've seen video of you killing streaks of people with the Makarov which is pretty much the crappiest weapon in-game, clearing building with an M9, obliterating whole squad with MP5...
When you're bad ass in-game anyway, you'll be even more bad ass with a DMR. That's probably why they're issued to good shooters in real life.

I'm usually squad leading and if I had to choose I'd still get an automatic rifleman in my squad over a Marksman any day.

Many thanks to everyone involved in the making of the best videogaming experience ever !
Nitneuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #20
CastleBravo

I think the SVD is ok. I still think the SAW has more firepower than the SVD although using an SVD doesn't draw anywhere near as much attention to yourself as using an LMG. The M4A1 feels stupid powerful to me but it might just be the short draw distance on the Hamas maps that makes it seem that way.
CastleBravo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dragunov, marksman, overpowered, rifles, svd