project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
20 Sep 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
-Steiner-
Default German Assault Rifles

Hi,

First off I like to say that I guess some will think my post could cause imbalance in the Game and I'm well aware of that, I write this with the pov towards realism.

I noticed after several hours of playing the game that the implimented versions of the g36 are feeling great, I had the chance to use them in my time in the army and it feels a lot like back then.

There are 2 major issuses I would like to adress:

First: Is there any way to match the markers in the ZF with the real distances in the game? The markers for 200 - 400 - 600 -800 meters where a great help for me and I was really disappointed that they wheren't even close to match the distances in the game.
(ofc I never really had to use the 600 and 800 meter markers for shooting :P )

Second: The rifles have reflex optics, so why can't we use them in the game? I'm sure you had that one coming

regards,
S.
-Steiner- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Default Re: German Assault Rifles

There are various technical problems with getting bullet drop working correctly on rifles in BF2. As I understand it, that particular project has been shelved, so the distance markers on the optics are more for the sake of realism than use.

As far as the G36 reflex optic, I think the issue was that there just aren't enough weapon slots to add another optic in the majority of kits. This is definitely true in the basic rifleman kits, where they already have a load of gear - there just aren't enough weapon slots.

I hope that helps, and welcome to the forums!

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Steiner- View Post
Second: The rifles have reflex optics, so why can't we use them in the game? I'm sure you had that one coming
[R-Dev]Mosquill is developing something but it takes a lot of work:

So, it's possible without using up an extra weapon slot.

Willkommen zu den Foren!

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
-Steiner-

Normally the community around programers today is way faster and technological advanced then any military, and now H&K tricked some poor dice developers with 2 scopes and a slotlimit?

I'm aware of BF2's limitations on Bulletdrop, the developers of POE 1-2,5 encountered the same problems, still if the Measurement on the ZF would be precise it would help squadleaders call in airstrikes, mark hostile forces and vehicles more precisly etc.

If it costs too much time and effort it's perfectly understandable why it wasn't implemented though.

I have read through the document regarding the "half kilometer" found here in the forums written by an U.S. Major and I saw a picture of a m4 with multiple scopes mounted on it.
More then everything the document shows that pretty much every nation is concernd for their infantry to be able to fight effectiv from close to at least mid-long range in the future (up to 600 meters as described for marksman) and working on these concepts.
Personally I would love to see more Rifles caliber 6.5 - 7 mm with an adjustable digital scope. I guess the problem would be that one rifle would cost about 5000$ not to mention the costs for new ammunition.

I may even consider giving up the knife instead of the second scope. (At least in the game, on daily routine I wouldn't want to miss my glock army knife... best 20? I ever spend). It's just such a waste to let this aspect of modern combat slide.

[EDIT]
Thanks for the nice welcoming, the video you posted Smeggles is looking good! If it's possible we should definatly see it in the game!
Either way I can't get enough of PR, finally a game with decent people and tactical as well as srategical gameplay.
I hope that I can help you guys in some way, I have at least one rootserver at my disposal, the very least is to host a gameserver to spread the love

regards,
S.
Last edited by -Steiner-; 11-15-2010 at 10:12 AM..
Old 11-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
Dougalachi

Regarding the reflex/red dot scope on the G36:

Why is the FOV so small, especially when compared to the other assault rifles ingame? It is very tiny and a detriment to gameplay, as the body of the scope often obscures the target easily, due to the small size of the scope aperture or eyepiece, or whatever the thing is called that you look through.

Dougalachi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
Jonathan_Archer_nx01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougalachi View Post
Regarding the reflex/red dot scope on the G36:

Why is the FOV so small, especially when compared to the other assault rifles ingame? It is very tiny and a detriment to gameplay, as the body of the scope often obscures the target easily, due to the small size of the scope aperture or eyepiece, or whatever the thing is called that you look through.
Because the optics of the G36 simply aren't as good as those of other assault rifles. So it's a "realistic" feature
Jonathan_Archer_nx01 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
colodorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01 View Post
Because the optics of the G36 simply aren't as good as those of other assault rifles. So it's a "realistic" feature
haha good answer

In game lTGl Bullets
colodorian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #8
Dougalachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by colodorian View Post
haha good answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01 View Post
Not really, that is completely unhelpful.

Dougalachi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
Bazul14
Banned

What I can see about the G36s is the fact that they are like LMGs at long distances. They have almost no deviation, almost like the AK74U, but even that one misses over long range.
Bazul14 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
Jonathan_Archer_nx01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougalachi View Post
Not really, that is completely unhelpful.
IRL the Trijicon ACOG is superior to that of the G36, as is the SUSAT and some others. That's what I originally meant to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazul14 View Post
What I can see about the G36s is the fact that they are like LMGs at long distances. They have almost no deviation, almost like the AK74U, but even that one misses over long range.
I'm gonna have to dissapoint you but almost all assault rifles in PR have the same deviation.
Jonathan_Archer_nx01 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
assault, german, rifles