project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
23 Sep 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #51
Wing Walker
Default Re: 3D Scopes

I'm trying to understand all this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Chuc View Post
We realise that Berd, however in the compromise between having a realistic internal FOV (in which your picture has proven to us, you can't see much at once in that aperture at that magnification) and representing a semi-believable eye position to the optic and the optic itself, we had to artificially increase the amount of black area inside the scope.
So you are saying that to have the accurate FOV inside the scope,

you have to make it with extra black around the reticle picture (to put it in tard terms),

which in fact makes it look like you have your scope up to your eye, but further back than it should be, or outside the eye relief.

Is this right?

And...

I think, Berd is simply asking if that image of the the FOV would be able to be enlarged, to fill in the thick black edge? Not the FOV it self increased, just the image of it you see in the tube, or however you see it given the models.

What I see...

If you shoot scopes at all then you know if you pull your eye back from the 3-4" of the eye relief (point where your eye takes in the full picture from the lens), you get that "extra black" around the image. I have one rifle I shoot like this due to the heavy recoil, the scope only has a 3" eye relief and can tag my nose if I'm not careful.

Its works to shoot with your eye back that far, its just is not ideal for shooting, and a trained professional shooter wouldn't normally take a shot like this. They would have a consistent and perfect cheek weld to take in the fullest and clearest picture from the scope.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #52
Dirty Berd
Default Re: 3D Scopes

[QUOTE=T.A.Sharps;1488352]

Quote:
I think, Berd is simply asking if that image of the the FOV would be able to be enlarged, to fill in the thick black edge? Not the FOV it self increased, just the image of it you see in the tube, or however you see it given the models.
No, I'm talking about increasing what you see, Not increasing the zoom. let's say you're looking at 8 men standing side by side off in the distance.....With the current scope you would only be able to see 6 of the 8 guys.... What I'm saying, is can they make it so you see all 8 of them without removing the zoom. That could be accomplished by removing some of the black ring inside the scope.....But, I get the impression that for what ever reason, they cant do it because the whole image and or animation would look out of place and not realistic enough. That's what I understand anyways.
Dirty Berd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #53
hiberNative

hiberNative's Avatar
Default Re: 3D Scopes

they look great. no complaint at all.

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #54
Wh33lman

Wh33lman's Avatar
Default Re: 3D Scopes

you guys just cant be happy. sure its not a "true" 3d scope, but its a hell of alot better then what we had. you have a HUGE field of view when compaired to the old ones.

so what if you have a smaller sight picture, you can still see movement and color outside the blur and can find your target just as fast or faster then you could before.

i like them. the larger black and smaller crosshairs really make it feel like its true 3d.

the sight in feels a little funky when you pull it up, but i think thats just me.

Wh33lman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #55
StuTika
Default Re: 3D Scopes

Absolutely love them. Makes looking through scopes feel so much more real. They fool my eyes into thinking there's two levels of zoom at least...
StuTika is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #56
Click

Click's Avatar
Default Re: 3D Scopes

The 3D scopes are very good even better than CoD in my opinion and the DEVs have done very well to create these scopes any way.
Click is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #57
Wing Walker
Default Re: 3D Scopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Berd View Post
What I'm saying, is can they make it so you see all 8 of them without removing the zoom.
I see.

What you are able to see in the reticle, those 6 men are all you would see with the real thing, in real life. So making it so you can see the 8 men would be for no reason than just to make it easier on you than IRL.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #58
Cossack
Supporting Member

Cossack's Avatar
Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack
Default Re: 3D Scopes

Well, 3D scopes are good to go, but as Jigsaw, I prefer the iron sights. Simply doing the medic job, I don't have choice.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #59
Dirty Berd
Default Re: 3D Scopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.A.Sharps View Post
I see.

What you are able to see in the reticle, those 6 men are all you would see with the real thing, in real life. So making it so you can see the 8 men would be for no reason than just to make it easier on you than IRL.
Never mind, you missed the point of my post by about one continent. What's amazing is the fact that I even posted pictures, color pictures to boot, and people still don't get it....... Just forget it.
Dirty Berd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #60
Dirty Berd
Default Re: 3D Scopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh33lman View Post
you guys just cant be happy. sure its not a "true" 3d scope, but its a hell of alot better then what we had. you have a HUGE field of view when compaired to the old ones.

so what if you have a smaller sight picture, you can still see movement and color outside the blur and can find your target just as fast or faster then you could before.

i like them. the larger black and smaller crosshairs really make it feel like its true 3d.

the sight in feels a little funky when you pull it up, but i think thats just me.
Maybe you could elaborate on the " funkiness " you feel when pulling up the scope. It just leaves way to much room for imagination without a little clarification.
Dirty Berd is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
scopes
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.