project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 03:16 AM   #41
Human_001

Default Re: Is it just me are pistols not very good?

If it happens exactly as you said it must be hitpoint error (what ever that is. I know there is something like that but I don't know the details) or lag. If you see more than 3,4 shot hit the target at close range (armored or non armored) and won't even get hurt its not considered as hit by game.

As Coalition side player you can take out Insurgent (no armor) with 2,3 shots to torso. Even as Insurgent side player you can take out Coalition (armored) with 3,4 shot to torso.

But just like many other not so real FPS game, In this BF2 game its matter of who put more round into enemy first. Just because enemy get scratched by bullet first doesn't mean they will fall to ground.

If you ask me about the pistol performance in this mod, it is unrealistically and ridiculously easy to shoot (little to no recoil), and ridiculously accurate at close/far range, and on top of that there is very little deviation when moving.
In another words, out of all realistic depiction done to rifles in this mod, Handgun is still easy to use as in vanilla BF2.
Last edited by Human_001; 09-26-2010 at 03:23 AM..
Old 09-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #42
DesmoLocke

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

Pistols seem to work just fine.

Silly Savage's vid.
YouTube Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #43
Silly_Savage

Not to shamelessly promote my videos, but I might as well post this one too.

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Old 09-27-2010, 12:06 AM   #44
dragunover

BF2's netcode is terrible.
Recoil & shooting is terrible (you can double tap one second, then for some reason it slows down)
Old 09-27-2010, 03:25 AM   #45
Tahanatos

Send a message via ICQ to Tahanatos Send a message via Skype™ to Tahanatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarna View Post
This thread brings to mind what a certain FDF instructor had to say about pistols in combat, liberally translated: "The pistol is best used when you can't quite punch the enemy, and even then it's better to throw the thing at him."
Lol 2 Paras said something similar to me:"First shoot at them and then throw the pistol." "Wait. You really shoot it before throwing?"

Old 09-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #46
Psyko

pistol works, it just doesnt look like it works. you could always try tying it to a stick and clubing people with it.

Thanks for all the hard work PR team!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #47
Spectral

I have had good experiences with the pistol at close range. At long range, its pretty much useless which is usually the same in RL.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #48
single.shot (nor)

I have got a number of kills with the pistol, it's best when both you and your opponent go "CLICK!" and he has to reload whilst you have a handgun..

War is a huge matter for a nation. it's the field of life and death, destruction and survival, and such matters cannot be left unstudied. - Sun Tzu
Closed Thread

Tags
good, pistols, suck