project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #21
BrownBadger
Default Re: Is it just me are pistols not very good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
Pistols are pretty good imo, just keep clicking til the dude is dead.
I agree, but bullets tend to deviate too much even at 5-10m distance.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #22
Vision_16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epipen View Post
I love to use pistol in pr, when i'm entering in
buildings, or im small places i rather use the pistol
than my scoped rifle...

As i said before, the pistol is a effective weapon when
you know how to use it.

But theres an error with their sight's, the shots always hit
above the circle of the aim, not inside of it...
...That's what happens in real life...On pistols, you aim below of the area you want to hit, you don't put the aiming aids (circles) right on the area you want to hit...It's not an error, that's how it is in RL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|TG| MagnumPI : "Well that was a fun march of pwnage."
Old 08-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #23
Phantom2

I put a 5 pistol rounds into someone's face and he decided to shoot me in the legs and I became black and white. At least I killed him on the 6th round.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #24
Ghost Wolfe

Although they may be weak, they still do their job. today i was playing with my clan and we stormed into a building where they were hiding. our sl emptied one clip killing two guys and wounding a third.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #25
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom2 View Post
I put a 5 pistol rounds into someone's face and he decided to shoot me in the legs and I became black and white. At least I killed him on the 6th round.
I'd say aim for center mass, 5 chest shots kill a guy and the chest is harder to miss. As has been pointed out, you hit a little higher than you aim with the pistol (which isn't unrealistic, since you wouldn't see the target otherwise), and additionally, I suspect the head hitboxes to be relatively small, so it might even look like a hit without being one. One headshot with any weapon does take you out currently at anything but long range.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via
Old 08-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #26
Sgt.Heine

The same heppen to me on kashan,i was snipeong and then i seen enemy near me,so i drew my pistol and unloaded 1 full mag in to him,yet he hip shot me.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #27
FuzzySquirrel

Send a message via Skype™ to FuzzySquirrel

BF2's crappy hit detection plus the Pistols damage makes killing people with those things extremely difficult.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #28
USMCMIDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySquirrel View Post
BF2's crappy hit detection plus the Pistols damage makes killing people with those things extremely difficult.
IRL I would never clear a building with my 9mm....

Accounts of insurgents being high (accounts in Fallujah and all over Astan explain insurgents that were high took up to 30 556 rounds to kill which is more deadly than the 9mm(also read Jason Dunhams MOH citation)), the crappy small round, and the fact that you can easily be stripped from your hands in CQC.

Another prime example of the crappy stopping power, police have problems dropping suspects all the time and not to mention...... 50 cent being shot in the chest all those times with the 9 and he survived....

IRL dont clear with your side arm... in game (never tried it) but i stick with rifle and it works just fine for me. If you cant drop someone with the pistol right away maybe thats the devs tryig to get it straight with the stopping power.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #29
Arnoldio
Banned

Plus count in the kevlar vest, that pretty much stops 9mm.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #30
Epipen

clear buildings with scoped assault rifles is too dangeours, once i tried, and me and my enemy unloaded our rifles (both scoped) and we didnt hit anything, we had to fight with knifes...

maybe with backup sights i would use the scoped rifle to clear buildings, or with that old system of the lmg's which was: instead of aiming with the scope, the soldier holds the weapon more tightly...
Closed Thread

Tags
good, pistols, suck