project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
23 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #31
boilerrat

Default Re: IED feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanYockell View Post
RPG's and RKG's are fine, Iv still destoyed lots of light armoured vehicles with them.

Kind of have a gripe with the rpg's and humvees however. Hitting them in the crew compartment with one and they just drive along with noone injured/killed is a piss off.
When in reality, its a jet of MOLTEN HOT COPPER spewing all over them.

Id like to see something about that fixed.

But just for thought, this thread is about IEDs and their usefulness in 0.9

boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #32
Nebsif
Supporting Member

IEDs will NOT destroy caches anymore, even if placed on the cache, kinda exploitable.. and its still uber cool vs inf, srsly guys u cant expect a pipebombs to take down APCs..

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:52 AM   #33
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebsif View Post
IEDs will NOT destroy caches anymore, even if placed on the cache, kinda exploitable.. and its still uber cool vs inf, srsly guys u cant expect a pipebombs to take down APCs..
Well considering how many caches are often lost in games due to people blowing up their IED's it was actually quite a good change.

Even now an ArtyIED 30m away from a cache caused my mate to get about 3 TK's and a dead cache after we wanted to see what the explosion looked like.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #34
SGT.Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerrat View Post
Post what you think of IEDs, in 0.9

Base it around
  • Pipebomb IED
  • Artillery IED
  • Availibility
  • Power
  • Number able to be placed
  • The specific kits themselves

Personally, I think ArtyIEDs aren't available enough.

Pipebombs are way too weak, we should be able to carry more.

We could also add more IED types.

Discuss
I think the bottom 4 are a problem.
SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:18 AM   #35
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Well considering how many caches are often lost in games due to people blowing up their IED's it was actually quite a good change.
Is this for realz? The spawnable IEDs now don't kill the cache anymore? WIN
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:26 AM   #36
BadGuy

Well Last time I saw a Arty IED was 8.5 but yeah that kit is like non existent now.

BadGuy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:21 AM   #37
boilerrat

As one of our friendly DEVs mentioned a few pages ago, ArtyIEDs will be more plentiful soon.

But in the meantime, could we get two pipebombs on the spawnable kit?

Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #38
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Ninja2dan View Post
The standard IED used with the appearance similar to a pipe bomb is not going to be very deadly against vehicles. They are mainly intended for AP use, not anti-armor or anti-structure. Trying to use one of those against a bridge would be like using a pellet gun to hunt buffalo.

Again, if you were using the smaller IED, then that is to be expected. While it might blow a tire, those vehicles are designed to sustain tire/wheel damage and keep on rolling. If you were using the larger artillery IED, you'd need to detonate very closely under the target vehicle in order to cause maximum damage. Minor lag in either the driver or insurgent could cause the detonation to actually register early or late when faced with a fast-moving vehicle.

I don't recall what changes have been made regarding the IED's, but the topic was brought up and discussed earlier. Based on input of real-world characteristics of similar devices, the IED's were probably adjusted to be more in line with their actual counterparts.

As for carrying multiple IED's on a single person, that's not usually realistic. Planting an IED is usually done by teams, and one at a time. This limits the chances that the team will be killed trying to deploy the device. Basically, each device is planted by a single team and that team doesn't plant another until the first was either detonated, removed, or the team killed/compromised.

With regards to remote IED's (self-actuated), yes it's possible that teams will deploy multiple devices. But those being used in PR are player-detonated. And in those circumstances, one at a time is the best (most realistic) option.
This pretty much sums it up.

Just use ammo crates and in tandem with RPG's. Pipe bomb =/= Anti-Tank.

And I don't think they'll add more artyIED's before the next official patch.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #39
boilerrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
The artillery IED does need to be made more available. We kind of made them all realistic to appearance without redoing the kit loadouts (Artillery IED will be far more common in the future).
Dev1200.... kaboom

quoted from first page.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #40
anglomanii

i have recently been told, the taliban have started using a different type op IED it's kinda frightning, if ninjadan or jaymz would like me to elaborate i will, but it's not for public consumption.

<22:31:15> "Supahpingi": i was actually mastrubating ferosiosly to mike meyers pictures
anglomanii is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, ied