project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2017, 06:35 AM   #21
DogACTUAL

DogACTUAL's Avatar
Default Re: Russian Camouflage

I think it might have something to do with your monitor if you have a bad one.
I remember when i started playing PR i had a shit tier monitor and had difficulty differentiating soldiers.

Then i got a good IPS monitor with nice color quality and sharp image and now i barely have any problems with that anymore.

What screen do you have?
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:05 AM   #22
[R-DEV]camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[R-DEV]camo's Avatar
Default Re: Russian Camouflage

I remember when people used to complain about the Russian camouflage being hopelessly out of date.



But the best way to tell if they're russian is if they're rushing B.

[R-DEV]camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #23
Wing Walker
Default Re: Russian Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankninja1 View Post
Unless you are using iron sights and anything past 300m just looks like a blob of pixels.
Test it for yourself.

It is actually about 100m-150m you can get a reliable shot, and 200m a figure is a few pixels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankninja1 View Post
Am I the only one who finds the Russian woodland camouflage annoyingly similar to every other woodland camo?
DUH.

They are made to hide in the same environment with the same colors.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #24
tankninja1

tankninja1's Avatar
Default Re: Russian Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
What screen do you have?
Viewsonic 1080p 1920x1080.

tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:03 AM   #25
Acecombatzer0

Acecombatzer0's Avatar
Default Re: Russian Camouflage

On USMC vs RU maps the dead giveaway for telling friend from foe is face-paint of lack thereof.

Skin on RU soldiers is very easy to see from 300m

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:44 AM   #26
DogACTUAL

DogACTUAL's Avatar
Default Re: Russian Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankninja1 View Post
Viewsonic 1080p 1920x1080.
Seems like an ok monitor.
But maybe try out one with an IPS panel? Way better colors and contrast than regular TN panel.

Many people buy TN monitors for gaming because of the lower response time and higher refresh rates, thinking they are better suited, but imo they are just better for fast twitch games where it is easy to spot stuff and the focus is on quick reflexes.

For PR imo it is way better to have a monitor that helps with spotting stuff more easily, so one with an IPS panel.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:20 AM   #27
inb4banned
Default Re: Russian Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Seems like an ok monitor.
But maybe try out one with an IPS panel? Way better colors and contrast than regular TN panel.

Many people buy TN monitors for gaming because of the lower response time and higher refresh rates, thinking they are better suited, but imo they are just better for fast twitch games where it is easy to spot stuff and the focus is on quick reflexes.

For PR imo it is way better to have a monitor that helps with spotting stuff more easily, so one with an IPS panel.
That's such a bs statement, good TN panels have colours that are almost same as a good IPS monitor and good IPS monitors have response times that are almost as low as good TN panels.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #28
DogACTUAL

DogACTUAL's Avatar
Default Re: Russian Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4banned View Post
That's such a bs statement, good TN panels have colours that are almost same as a good IPS monitor and good IPS monitors have response times that are almost as low as good TN panels.
Did i say anything to the contrary? What i said was a generalization because not everyone can afford the ultra best TN monitor there is. And even then an IPS monitor in the same priceclass will still have better colors, so what is your point?
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:22 PM   #29
Murphy

Murphy's Avatar
Default Re: Russian Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Maybe because the gun works the same, you just can see so clearly. Or are you living with the idea that ironsighted weapons shoot bullets only effective to the next corner?
I found THAT guy.

You know, the one who shoots at the first glimpse of the enemy, giving the entire squad away.

I know it's entirely off topic but how about you stop engaging enemies at 300m with iron sights, you're doing it all wrong.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
camouflage, russian
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.