project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #21
viirusiiseli
Banned
Default Re: Shotguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
Depends on your monitor? E.g asus 144hz vg248qe has it.
True, but it's a big clumsy one. Our OP probably has some "other program" for that.

This is way too big to be useful.

viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #22
inb4banned

I was able to clear 6 people covering the entrance of Mosque on Muttrah today once again. While moving, full deviation, 1 shot for each guy, most of them were actually covering. There's no balance, spread needs to be smaller and deviation needs to be much, much higher.

It simply doesn't make sense, the way it is now, out of the 9 pellets you're too likely to get several hits on anybody within 50m. It happens far too often that it's a headshot and another hit resulting in a kill... while moving, not aiming down sights and 50m away. No other gun comes even close to that, either takes far longer to get small enough deviation or too much RNG is involved, making it useless.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:07 PM   #23
Geronimo

I can see the point Ban is trying to make. In my opinion the spread should be smaller but the deviation should be bigger. So that you can't run around anymore in Quake 3 fashion, hipfiring people.

I don't know if its possible engine-wise but the maximum deviation should be very high when using it from the hip and should be the same as it is now when aiming down the sights.

In real life using a shotgun is quite similar to using a rifle. You have to aim to actually hit stuff. (no shit sherlock)

Last edited by Geronimo; 01-10-2017 at 04:19 AM..
Old 01-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #24
schakal811

Yep he has a point, shooting accurate hip fire on 50m is just ridiculous. I like how people shit talk about OP instead of arguing about the topic, are there no mods in this place?
schakal811 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:24 PM   #25
gwa1hir
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL0WN View Post
youre the only one complaining about this..... you still have to hit the target and most shotguns are pump action, the auto shotguns have insane recoil. its fine as it is imo
no he is not the only one complaining. and most people dont complain because 98% of PR players are shit at aiming and quick reactions therefore almost nobody is abusing the ridiculousness of shotguns in PR. but that doesnt change the fact that it is actually ridiculous
gwa1hir is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:11 AM   #26
Murphy

I love Breacher role, and I often use shotguns for CQB situations and whenever I run out of ammo on my primary. Everyone is here talking about how strong the shotgun is in CQB and no one stopped to address the elephant in the room -Shotguns have horrible ROF (safe for Saiga, which is indeed nearly God tier) and if you miss your first shot you are likely going to die to anyone with an assault rifle or smg.

In a face to face situation the shotgun is more rewarding but also more punishing than standard rifles, if you can aim it is a force to be reckoned with but if you miss the first shot you have to wait for the pump animation to run while the enemy just holds down LMB and wins.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:26 AM   #27
Wing Walker

Just some thoughts for this discussion...

I used to play with the various factors you could change to make more realistic performance of "bullets", and the 12ga buck shot was one I played with.

There is a number that can be modified in the 1200buck projectile file that is called "gravity modifier", and increasing that number can give a increased amount of drop... where you can adjust to hit the ground at a certain range.

I'm not sure why this is never modified to simulate a more realistic bullet drop with all weapons, especially with things like pistols and shotguns.

Also,

There is another set of factors that can be modified to change things in different ways.

You have the damage of the 1200buck projectile is 23, and it doesn't start to loose damage until 14m, and then the damage starts to drop, then is at almost 0 damage at 80m. So it is at half, 11.3 damage, at 33m. So any of these could be modified.

The projectile is just 1 buckshot pellet, you set the number of pellets to be fired with the "batchsize" number, I've had it up to like 999, it was pretty cool, but the shot pattern actually pancakes more of a flat spread than a circle.

I do not know what factor adjusts the spread of the shot though, I felt the spread was realistic if you considered it to be a full choke shotgun pattern. I know a shotgun with no choke would get about half of the pellets to hit the area of a torso, so like 3 or 4 pellets, at 50 yards.

Anyway just some food for thought if you guys actually wanted to talk about real things to change here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4banned View Post
Dear devs, please fix shotguns in this game.
My opinion on the OP's original point is I don't really think hip shooting shotguns is so common of a tactic that it really effects anything.
Last edited by Wing Walker; 01-14-2017 at 05:50 AM..
Old 01-14-2017, 05:59 AM   #28
fecht_niko
Banned

I agree that a shotgun should win a cqb. But the current deviation is insane, you just walk around and hipfire everything up to 50m. (not even talking about autoshotguns...)

The main problem is that you have the same accuracy while moving or standing.

The best way to fix it would be full deviation once you stand and aim down sights.
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #29
inb4banned

Here, I made a video about how you can get kills with the shotgun. Does this make sense to you? Is this how balance is supposed to work? Being able to shoot accurately enough on the move and not aiming down sights.

You need to reconsider the shotgun, keep the spread same all the time and increase deviation by a lot. Then we'll have to take deviation into consideration + aiming down sights reduces it so we'll be forced to do it. After that you can play with the damage drop off values etc. as Wing Walker says.

inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:36 AM   #30
DogACTUAL

Maybe you could just stop using the aimpoint on your monitor if you think it is too op.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, shotguns