project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
01 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
Gotrol

Default Re: Militia needs scopes

Another whiny thread detected.

Damn, even Couter-Strike had asymmetry between the weapons. Most of milita maps have buildings, why not stick to them? It's a much more CQB oriented faction. Solve your problems with appropriate tactics.

Besides, I don't see people complaining about Taliban not having scopes.
Gotrol is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #12
Stoickk

Gotrol, how many flags can you cap by staying inside a building?

How many AAS maps feature Taliban?

How do you propose to fight an enemy from 2-300 meters away in a sparse woodland environment by staying in a building without optics?

How do you propose to use unconventional tactics to combat thermal sight equipped armor threats by staying inside buildings on Fool's Road and Iron Ridge, and actually capture flags, which is the point of AAS maps?

While unconventional tactics work well in ambush type warfare, and hit and run scenarios, those tactics do not translate well to offensive attacks. AAS requires that each faction take the offensive in order to win. Unconventional tactics are focused on defensive tactics, hitting the enemy when they are unprepared or not expecting contact, and falling back before they can bring superior firepower to bear. These tactics, when employed properly, work very well in Insurgency layer. They do not, however, translate to offensive warfare within Project Reality. The equipment gap is far too great, between the majority of the enemy infantry being equipped with optics and enemy armor and even some light vehicles having thermal capabilities, as well as UAV support.

This thread was not "whiny" as you put it. It was an attempt to address a current imbalance within the gameplay. Personally, I would rather just leave the Militia faction as is, and rather than trying to change the faction around to make them fit an AAS model (pushing a square peg into a round hole, as it were) just keep them on Insurgency maps where they belong. Leave the AAS to conventional factions.

<<<WARNING: VETERAN UNDER MEDICATION FOR YOUR SAFETY>>>

Just some guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stoickk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #13
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos Send a message via Skype™ to karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrol View Post

russia doesnt have cobra sights, this is unacceptable, i demand reprimand for all the deaths i have been caused that have nothing to do with me, or my stupid decisions, its all the devs fault

honestly you guys complain about militia yet they usually win

except fools road std, thats almost impossible with the amount of heavy armor the british have, but its realistic

Quote:
Gotrol, how many flags can you cap by staying inside a building?
a better question is how many flags can you defend from inside a building?
answer all the flags that are needed to win the game

and another thing militia arent suppose to go offensive (though they are really good at attacking on fools road not STD), thats why they have cannons on maps, if the flag isnt in a forest or inside a town its not even worth attempting.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but the gun sure helps.
Last edited by karambaitos; 12-13-2011 at 02:48 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #14
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
It's more like some players don't like to abandon their conventional tactics when playing AAS as an unconventional faction.
Oh that so hits the spot very well said

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #15
simeon5541

Quote:
Originally Posted by manligheten View Post
When you play 64+ players and there is really some game going on, most often militia get there asses handed to them concerning k/d regardless of what they do.
Like in real life.
There is many armies that even today are not using optics,
and I think that Militia's marksmen and snipers are lucky to have optics.
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #16
manligheten

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeon5541 View Post
Like in real life.
There is many armies that even today are not using optics,
and I think that Militia's marksmen and snipers are lucky to have optics.
"In real life" you don't attack with 1:1 soldier ratio. "In real life" hitting standing targets with iron sight isn't hard over 100m. "In real life" people don't play militia AAS maps because they are unbalanced.

I favour realism, but the game has to fun to play even though you aren't a masochist. Deterministic losing when the teams are balanced isn't very fun in my opinion. It's like playing insurgent on Karbala. Deterministic armor rapage.

Quote:
Another whiny thread detected.
Discussing game balancing issues isn't whining. Whining about threads that does however is.

Quote:
Most of milita maps have buildings, why not stick to them? It's a much more CQB oriented faction. Solve your problems with appropriate tactics.
There are no tactics that will adjust for the fact that scoped weapons wins firefights more easily. You can't use worse weapons to your advantage, whatever tactics you use It's quite simple.

Quote:
That's because k:d-ratio doesn't matter in insurgency.
manligheten is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #17
Navo

Who takes scopes on woodland maps anyway? If you do it right the maximum firefight range will be about 50 meters.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #18
Gotrol

Dragon fly- flags in urban compounds and dense Forrest plus uneven landscape.

Fools road, flags in compounds and dense Forrest plus uneven landscape.

Kozelsk, flags in compounds and dense Forrest.

Iron ridge, flags in urban compounds and dense Forrest.

If any of these scenarios are not sufficient for the use of your CQB weapon- then you should stop playing infantry altogether and create a CAS squad.

edit-corrected misspelled fags into flags.... was funny.
Last edited by Gotrol; 12-13-2011 at 03:58 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #19
manligheten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoickk View Post
This thread was not "whiny" as you put it. It was an attempt to address a current imbalance within the gameplay. Personally, I would rather just leave the Militia faction as is, and rather than trying to change the faction around to make them fit an AAS model (pushing a square peg into a round hole, as it were) just keep them on Insurgency maps where they belong. Leave the AAS to conventional factions.
Militia with it's Warsaw-pact weaponry has a nice touch to it and it would be a shame to take them away from AAS maps. When they had scopes there wasn't these balancing issues. But I liked them more when they were tjetjenias and fought russians. It made more sense.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #20
manligheten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo View Post
Who takes scopes on woodland maps anyway? If you do it right the maximum firefight range will be about 50 meters.
No it wont. There are not enough undergrowth to hide in. And the scope equipped enemy will try to engage you on distance. Going on offence is thus very hard.

Quote:
Dragon fly- fags in urban compounds and dense Forrest plus uneven landscape.

Fools road, flags in compounds and dense Forrest plus uneven landscape.

Kozelsk, flags in compounds and dense Forrest.

Iron ridge, flags in urban compounds and dense Forrest.

If any of these scenarios are not sufficient for the use of your CQB weapon- then you should stop playing infantry altogether and create a CAS squad.
Well the problem isn't that the militia doesn't have CQB-weapons. The problem is that they only have CQB-weapons for ordinary soldiers.

Tags
militia, scopes