project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #41
Mikemonster

Default Re: PR-Deviation is Backwards

Measure 50m away with a distance marker and then spray on full auto after sprint. I tried it with the shortened AK ('AKS'?) and could hit a window the size of a man on full auto. I thought it was more than fair.

Bear in mind, the BF2 engine models distances terribly (in my opinion), and it's not unusual to underestimate the distance with the target looking so big.

When you do actually go on Google Maps and measure 100m from your PC room window it's pretty apparent how bad the BF2 engine is. And how distances are a lot further in real life than they appear in game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:54 AM   #42
zloyrash

Send a message via MSN to zloyrash Send a message via Skype™ to zloyrash

Not so far away in the game:
I saw an enemy in 5-6m from me. He was behind the crate and I saw his head only. He didnt see me.
Hah, it was funny, I looked at this head about 4 seconds through my scope(AK). Big head with cross of scope on it. 4 seconds. 5-6 meters. Than I shoot and missed.

I remember Naked Gun 2 movie moment:
YouTube Video

xfire: zloyrash
Last edited by zloyrash; 01-30-2012 at 03:22 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #43
Mikemonster

Yeah, it does get like that (lol). But generally only because two impatient players run into each other.

Usually in that situation presumably you'd just shoot through whatever they are behind. Not common on PR maps though

Also with headshot's it's easy to shoot too high in PR. One thing i've found anyway. That silly dust cloud.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
backwards, prdeviation